Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen was first announced last September as an expansion of sorts to the original game, and now Capcom has finally announced that the expansion will release in late April as both a full game download and as a physical retail disc.
According to Capcom, Dark Arisen offers a huge brand new area, missions, enemies, high-level skills, augments, and more, plus all of the content from the original game. Players of the original Dragon's Dogma will be able to export their existing characters and game data so that they can continue their journey as the Arisen and tackle a new threat that emerges from an underground realm.
In addition, owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will get 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack (which contains six new costumes) for free with the purchase of Dark Arisen. For players who haven't played the original game, Dark Arisen will offer them the chance to play through the original story before tackling the brand new content.
Here's a full list of what Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen has to offer in the way of new content:
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
[*]Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
[*]14 new character/Pawn augments
[*]New tiers of equipment enhancement
- DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
[*]And there“s more:
- Increased character customization options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
- Level 3 Skills
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will release at retail for Xbox 360 and PS3 and as a download on PSN on April 23rd for $39.99.
Will you play Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen?