Mistwalker was silent for a long time after creating The Last Story and (shortly thereafter) a game for smartphones, Party Wave. But they“ve recently announced a new smartphone RPG called Terra Battle. From the little glimpses Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi offered into the game by way of Famitsu Magazine, it seems to have many diverse characters and enemies, and even its own unique take on Bahamut! We know it will be a free-to-play game that features in-app purchases in the form of â€œEnergyâ€--ways to recover stamina, continue when wiped out in battle, and more.
But the most eyebrow-raising new feature of the game is this idea called a Download-starter. This concept seems to embody the ideas presented in various Kickstarters, but rather than revealing â€œstretch goalsâ€ with a certain dollar amount--Mistwalker will create (and distribute) new content for Terra Battle by keeping track of the number of total downloads the game has. Here“s a list of what“s planned for the Download-starter:
- 100,000 downloads: New song(s) by Nobuo Uematsu.
- 200,000 downloads: New characters by Hideo Minaba.
- 300,000 downloads: In-game appearance by manga artist Nakaba Suzuki.
- 1,000,000 downloads: A concert for Terra Battle.
- 1,400,000 downloads: Commencement of figurine production.
- 2,000,000 downloads: Development of a console version of Terra Battle.
That last one is certainly enough to get longtime Mistwalker fans“ attention. Terra Battle will release worldwide this October.