Jump to content

Switch's first racing sim 'Gear Club' launches tomorrow


Jason Clement

It's surprising that we haven't gotten any real-world racing sims on Switch yet. Sure, we've got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Fast RMX, but it's interesting that no arcade or sim racers featuring real cars have made its way onto the breakout handheld to date. Until now, that is.

 

Microids' and Eden Games' Gear Club will be the first authentic racing sim to grace the Switch after making the jump from mobile. But don't let the fact that it was a mobile game dissuade you; the visuals are fairly impressive, and the title offers over 400 races through various environments with over 30 of the world's most famous cars.

 

In addition to its racing modes, Gear Club features a range of customization, where you'll be able to change everything from the body right down to the engine. You'll also be able to race against friends through a 4-player, split-screen, local co-op mode, or compete online with leaderboards.

 

 

Gear Club will be available both digitally and physically on Nintendo Switch tomorrow.

 

Source: Press Release

 

Will you be checking out Gear Club?



User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've literally never heard of this game until a day before it comes out...It looks fine (visually, and what little gameplay is shown seems...uh, normal, I guess?) but it'll still come down to price and reviews for me. If it costs too much or takes a beating from critics (of which there probably won't be many besides strictly Nintendo-focused sites, but still) I'll probably just put my money on a name I recognize instead. If it's the opposite (cheap and at least gets passable reviews) then maybe I'll try it out. I mean, I'm just as likely to play my Xbox One (for Forza games) as my Switch, so between the two (I'm not counting PS4 because GT Sport sounds icky) it'll really be about whatever's cheap enough to justify the fact that I'll only play it once in a blue moon.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie, this game seriously looks like generic racing simulator without much of a flare of anything else, sadly. Not that I'm big into racing games as it is, but this definitely did nothing for me from the trailer, sadly. I wonder if we'll get any other kind of first party racing games for the Switch that aren't Mario Kart in the near future. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Venom said:

I mean, I'm just as likely to play my Xbox One (for Forza games) as my Switch, so between the two (I'm not counting PS4 because GT Sport sounds icky) it'll really be about whatever's cheap enough to justify the fact that I'll only play it once in a blue moon.

 

 

I didn't know you were into racing games, Venni! I like the occasional one, but I haven't even dug into my copy of Forza 6 yet, ha. This looks interesting, though, and the fact that it's on Switch is a plus; hopefully we'll be able to do a review of it sometime in the near future.

 

7 minutes ago, Royzoga said:

I wonder if we'll get any other kind of first party racing games for the Switch that aren't Mario Kart in the near future. 

2

 

I doubt it, or at least I doubt that we'll ever get a first-party racing sim, unless Nintendo picks up a Western studio to produce it. Still, I imagine we could see a Need for Speed title on the Switch somewhere down the line. Maybe even Project Cars 2?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason Clement said:

 

I didn't know you were into racing games, Venni! I like the occasional one, but I haven't even dug into my copy of Forza 6 yet, ha. This looks interesting, though, and the fact that it's on Switch is a plus; hopefully we'll be able to do a review of it sometime in the near future.

 

I don't play them all the time, or ever talk about them apparently, but I do really enjoy them when I'm in the mood. Sometimes I just feel like driving stupidly fast and acting like a maniac on the road, so I rush home from wherever I am to do the same things in a virtual setting. :P

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×