HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

First Trailer for Marvel's Ant-Man Debuts

I'm a day late with this, but if you haven't seen it yet, check out the first trailer for Ant-Man below.

I'm still pretty surprised they decided to go with "Ant-Man" instead of his many later incarnations, like Yellowjacket, Giant-Man, Goliath etc. The name Ant-Man seems to be a really tough sell in terms of marketability, but then again, Spider-Man did become super big, so...

Anyhow, a lot of people aren't too sure about it yet. Personally, I think it's a little bit weak as far as trailers go, but that might be all it's suffering from. They seemed to go a little too heavy with the seriousness in this trailer, but if they lighten it up and show off more comedy in the second one, I think the film will probably do alright.

What did you think of the trailer?

I liked the trailer. I don't mind it being serious. It did have a couple of funny moment with him questioning the name and who wouldn't? I'm sure they'll give us some funny parts and some more serious part in the movie. They know what they are doing so I won't question them now.

I don't think I mind it being serious either, as I'm going to see it regardless. However, I'm still pretty in the dark about Ant-Man, I know like next to nothing about him...Guess I'll do a bit of research before seeing the movie so I can pretend I'm a huge comic nerd or something.

I don't think I mind it being serious either, as I'm going to see it regardless. However, I'm still pretty in the dark about Ant-Man, I know like next to nothing about him...Guess I'll do a bit of research before seeing the movie so I can pretend I'm a huge comic nerd or something.

Wouldn't it be better to watch it and then research up. Just in case if you stumble upon any major spoiler ahead of time? I don't know anything either, so I'm excited to learn more about this hero.

I'm not against seriousness, but that trailer seemed kind of... awkward to me. Maybe it is just how the trailer was set up, but I feel like it is probably more than that. That said, if I want to make hold predictions, I think it may very well be the 1st significant box office flop Marvel has seen in a while.

I'm not against seriousness, but that trailer seemed kind of... awkward to me. Maybe it is just how the trailer was set up, but I feel like it is probably more than that. That said, if I want to make hold predictions, I think it may very well be the 1st significant box office flop Marvel has seen in a while.

To be fair, people thought the same thing about Guardians of the Galaxy, and that ended up being the highest grossing movie of 2014.

That said, I do agree that it could be the first to fall short, for several reasons. The trailer indeed is not a fantastic trailer, but more telling than that is that it had a troubled production when the original director (Edgar Wright) decided to leave the project due to creative differences. The current director was brought on right before filming began, I believe.