HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Capcom Has No Idea What To Do With Mega Man

Seriously. Look at this.

What... what even IS this? Why is Capcom relegating the Mega Man franchise to dumb smartphone games now?

There's a prevailing theory that—as unbelievable as it sounds—the upper management at Capcom is still getting back at Inafune for 1) generally not liking him, and 2) leaving the company, so they're dragging the franchise (and his legacy, in a way) through the mud with games that are not of a high quality.

Yes, I do realize it sounds ridiculous if only because chances are they risk missing out on making money by providing actual proper games, but Capcom as a company is so ridiculous that I could actually believe they would do this, lol.

Anyhow, *siiiiiiigh*

What do you guys make of what's been happening to Mega Man recently? At least they had the good sense to license him out to Nintendo for Smash Bros., but other than that, yeah. It's a gross mismanagement of a classic and beloved property.

• Like 1

The new Strider proved that, in the right hands, Capcom could successfully bring back a dormant franchise, so it's starting to look like they just don't want to bring back Mega Man the way people remember it. I can't help but wonder if they licensed him for Smash Bros. just because they wanted to see him get beat up some more. :\

• Like 1

I'm not the hugest fan of Megaman. I mean, I like certain games (mainly the X stuff), but I'm not terribly attached to the series to feel offended by its current state (even if I would've liked to see Megaman Legends 3, not gonna lie). I don't even think Mighty No. 9 looks nearly as good as it should for something that is supposed to be a return for form under a different name.... 

As for this game, this is... about what I'd expect from Capcom right now. Reusing art/character models from Megaman: Powered Up and creating an endless runner-ish game (but yeah, still sad. Either Capcom is completly tone deaf or this is really pathetic flailing if it is some sort of grudge.).

I'm not a big Mega Man fan myself but Capcom needs to do better.