HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Rex705

Majora's Mask N64 vs New 3DS Graphics Comparison

Are you all excited for the new Zelda Majora's Mask for 3DS that is coming soon? I have never played any of the Zelda games so I'll be enjoying this for the first time on 3DS but for the rest of you here is a look at the old vs new.

So what do you think did they do a good job?

I'm pretty excited for this, for sure. Especially combined with the fact that I'll be playing it on the New 3DS (mwahahaha).

Seriously though, they did a pretty good job from what I've seen of the comparison. I'm really interested to see what easter eggs and stuff they added. My one hope is that they add maybe a few more sidequests to do; that'd be super awesome.

It's nothing ground breaking, but god, it looks so clean now. Really glad they gave it a good polish over and such. I've never played Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time, so I'm looking forward to playing both at some point. Probably once I'm finished with the Metroid series. And then it's a few other titles till OoT and MM.

I guess we now see why it took a fair bit longer than Ocarina of Time to complete? They retextured a ton of stuff (to the point of almost being kind of crazy for not just remaking it.).  Other than that, I dunno, it'll be interesting to see how people react to the game nowadays since that game is super obtuse, even if I hear they streamline a lot of stuff. 

I guess we now see why it took a fair bit longer than Ocarina of Time to complete? They retextured a ton of stuff (to the point of almost being kind of crazy for not just remaking it.).  Other than that, I dunno, it'll be interesting to see how people react to the game nowadays since that game is super obtuse, even if I hear they streamline a lot of stuff. 

Fun fact: They did entirely remake it. Everything you see in the 3DS version was built from the ground up; they just built mostly everything to old specifications while making new textures and such.