HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Venom

Giveaway: JumpJet Rex on Steam! Ends 2/2 @ 6:00 PM EST

It's been a few months since I did a proper giveaway (tossing unused bundle keys at you doesn't count) since I haven't really had the means, but I'm back with something akin to a vengeance and offering up the chance for one lucky Podunker to win the game JumpJet Rex on Steam!

JumpJet Rex is a fun and challenging sidescroller developed and published by TreeFortress Games, where you guide a "T-Rex with freakin' jet boots!" (their quote, but it's the perfect description) through a handful of levels collecting coins and passing through rings to unlock the level's exit. It's in Early Access right now so it's not totally finished, but the gameplay mechanics are sound and the levels on display are a lot of fun, so if the game looks like something you'd like to play (check it out on the Steam store in the link at the beginning of this paragraph) then keep reading to find out how to enter!

HOW TO ENTER

See, told you you'd find out how. Anyway, to enter yourself in this here drawing, simply post in this thread and tell me what your favorite game with dinosaurs in it is. It doesn't have to be a game that focuses solely on dinosaurs, just one in which they happen to appear in some form (so yes, Chrono Trigger counts) even if it's not a major part of the game. If you can't think of any, your favorite game with dragons will also be acceptable. :D But of course, before you go make that post, have a look at the next section...

IMPORTANT THINGS/TIMING/ETC.

-Contest is for one (1) copy of the game on Steam.

-The contest will be closed to new entries on Monday, February 2 at 6:00 PM Eastern Time. Any entries made after that time won't be counted. I should be around to pick a winner shortly after that time, and the winner will be notified by PM on the forums. (I'll also post the winner here, of course.)

-I'll need to add the winner on Steam (if we're not already friends) since the game is in my inventory. I don't suspect that'll be an issue for anyone, but I'm putting it here anyway.

-The contest is open to everyone (including staff members, obviously), however, if you are a new member, you must have made an introduction thread in the New Members forum before posting in this thread. If you post your intro after entering here or don't post one at all, your entry won't be counted. At least pretend you're not just here to get a free game, 'kay? ;)

-Not that this is really that big a deal, but for the sake of thoroughness, it should be noted this contest is in no way conducted or endorsed by Game Podunk or TreeFortress Games.

And...I think that's it! If I remember anything else important, I'll make a big, easy to notice post detailing the change, but everything should be covered. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, otherwise, start getting those entries in, and good luck!

• Like 1

Zoo Tycoon Dinosaur Expansion because what's more fun than trapping your visitors in the Lion cage? TRAPPING THEM IN THE T-REX CAGE MUHAHAHAHHA

I guess it would have to be Chrono Trigger then. I was going to say Rampage but I don't think they are dinosaurs. Can't really think of another great game that involves dinosaur right now. So I will say Chrono Trigger for now.

Loved the movie and loved the game as a kid. I've never beaten it, but goddamn this game was hard and there were no passwords so you need to start all the way to level 1 if you lose all your lives. I remember the farthest I got to was the circus level. I keep dying from the boss in that level. So frustrating! Miss games like that lol.

Z0031347.jpg

P.S. I expect Rex to enter this contest too. It would be fitting for him lol.

• Like 1

Still time to enter! Tell ya what, if you're having trouble thinking of a game to answer the question, you don't have to! Just say "I'm in!" or "enter me!" (add a winking smiley at your discretion on that one) and I'll count it.

Still time to enter! Tell ya what, if you're having trouble thinking of a game to answer the question, you don't have to! Just say "I'm in!" or "enter me!" (add a winking smiley at your discretion on that one) and I'll count it.

keep-calm-and-enter-me.png

• Like 1

P.S. I expect Rex to enter this contest too. It would be fitting for him lol.

I was the star of the game TK it was a lot of work. As the star of the game I know the story already. I have been getting a lot of jobs lately but some of my favorite gigs are the Dino Crisis series and Turok 2-3 on the N64.

Alrighty, I drew for the winner, and....well, it seems Lady Luck has a sense of humor. xD The winner is...Ninja Rex! Just for fun I even randomized the list of entrants 5 times to see who came up the most, and Rex came up twice while the other three entrants came up once. Clearly, it was destiny.

Congratulations, Rex! And to everyone else, thanks for playing and we'll see you next time on "Venom Gives Away Stuff In His Steam Inventory He Can't Do Anything Else With!"

I uh...might need to work on that name.

Oh no I didn't really want to enter o_o

Okay...since Rex wasn't actually entering I did another drawing and TK came out up front. So, TK is our winner! Probably!

• Like 1

Congrats TK! Woo! Enjoy the game dude! :D

Thanks for the contest Venom. You are awesome and a wonderful symbiote. I love you man!

• Like 1

Congrats, TK! I used to play We're Back(and watch the movie) as a kid too. I don't recall ever getting very far...

• Like 1

Congrats, TK! I used to play We're Back(and watch the movie) as a kid too. I don't recall ever getting very far...

The game was pretty dang hard lol. I used to just play it through in a sitting. If you die then it's game over. I don't remember if it had passwords and stuff to get to the level you're on. Challenging and fun.