HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

mr.me

The tea thread

As a sequel to my soda thread let's talk about something a bit healthier, tea. I drink tons of tea both herbal and regular. I even grow some herbal teas.

Regular Tea

First up is my probably my all time favorite... Longjing! Sometimes also called Dragon Well this is a roasted green tea from China. Experts in China roast it with there hands and can tell when it is the exact right temp by the heat they feel on their hands as they roast it. It has sort of a nutty flavor and golden colour.

Second is a recent favorite of mine... Chocolate Spiced Chai! I have only tried a few brands, but I really like the Celestial Seasonings the best so far. This is a black tea combined with spices such as cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and chinese star anise. I brew this by putting a little milk in my cup then filling the rest of the way with hot water, then I put a teaspoon of cocoa powder.

Lastly... Sencha! This in contrast to the other green tea on the list is a steamed Japanese green tea. It has a bright green colour and a slightly sweet flavor.

Herbal Tea

First up... Chamomile! This a plant in the Daisy family that grows sweet flowers with an extra big center. I just started growing German Chamomile last year and the flavor is so much better than what you buy at the store. It is very fragrant and has a sweet apple like taste. I find it a good calming tea to have in the evening.

Second... Hopi Tea! Somtimes also called Navajo Tea, Greenthread or Thelesperma Megapotamicum. I am going to start growing it this year. This is a tea grown and harvested in the Arizona/New Mexico area by local Native Americans in the Hopi and Navajo tribes. It has a bright yellow colour and the taste I can't even describe, it is completely different from anything I have tasted.

Thirdly... Spearmint! Another one I grow, this is sometimes just called Mint. Don't know how to describe this, but  you've probably tasted this flavor before if you've ever had a mint candy(not a peppermint candy). It has a light green colour.

Lastly... Dandelion Coffee! Sometimes just called Dandelion Tea, this is made from roasted Dandelion root and tastes very similar to coffee. It even used to be sold as cheap coffee. I like it because coffee has far too much caffeine for me and is too acidic. I drink it with milk. It is slightly lighter in colour than coffee.

I also grow and enjoy Lavender, Chocolate Mint, Peppermint and Holy Basil.

Sorry for the long post, but I really like tea.

What about you? Do you drink tea? Or do you hate the stuff? What are your go to teas?

I usually drink Green Tea or Sweet Tea from the Southern. Oh and also Iced Tea as well. Those are my 3 kinds of teas. I'd love to drink tea with you mr.me! :D

iroh_quote_iii_by_faithless12-d6jxc0t.pn

The only kind I really like is sweet tea, but I don't drink it very much. The only other kinds I've tried are unsweetened and green tea, and I can't stand unsweet and didn't really think much of green either way.

I always drink my tea unsweetened, don't like it any other way. Anytime I've drank anything that simply says "green tea" it pretty much sucks. There are different kinds (2 of which I named in my original post) of green tea and when you try specific kinds that say which kind it is, it is going to be completely different from the stuff that just says "green tea".

I approve this thread, and all pro-tea conversation I'm sure will take place within it.

I try to drink at least a cup of herbal/green/white/etc tea a day, preferably more. I'm fondest toward anything mint (it's just so soothing), though I've found I enjoy just about any kind provided it's not too bland (not huge on straight green tea). 

Chamomile is really good. Usually we just get Jasmine tea which is pretty standard.

I generally drink Chai tea, black most of the times. However, recently I've been adding a spoonful of honey to my mugs of tea, really brightens up the flavor of certain drinks. Mostly for when my throat hurts though. I wouldn't say I'm a huge tea drinker, but I do enjoy it on cold nights and when I'm feeling down.