HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Karamsoul

Ideas for some contests? What do you want?

Contest Reward Choices  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see as a reward for winning a contest?

• Choice of console/PC game
    • Game-related swag (t-shirts, exclusive trinkets, etc.)
    • Other media like game-related comics, movies, books (artbooks, strategy guides), and more.
    • Free tickets to game-related public events like PAX and local conferences?
    • Game-related statues, figures, figurines
    • Me flying in, shaking your hand, and giving you a bear-hug (that's a "Maybe" on the bear-hug if you haven't showered)

Hey Dunkers/Podunkers/Podunk (whatever you please)!

We'll be starting up some contents soon (read as: anywhere from now to the next couple of months) on GameWires.com, and I want to know what you guys would love to see as prizes. Now obviously we have to work around our set budget for prize rewards, but do you guys lean more towards PC games or console games? I bet there's an even mix around here, but still we're interested to know.

For the first contest, we'll most likely have a reward targeted around a single game (say Battlefield: Hardline), with the option of the winner to receive it in any format he or she pleases (PS4, XOne, or PC). It might be tied to the US/Canada territories, so just be aware.

The criteria for winning the award will be set by us (as this is not my first rodeo setting rules/criteria and creating contests) and will be mentioned here FIRST, a full day prior to us socializing it ourselves. Why? Because you guys are the best ;) (Dr. Pixel and TK Knight can also attest to winning some of our older contests).

Still, we'd love to hear your thoughts on some cool ideas about rewards, whether it be games, swag, or other forms of media like game-related comics, films, etc. The best ideas will most probably be selected for future contest opportunities.

Let us know!

• Like 1

Sounds cool. :) Some cool ideas for swag would be action figures and statues I have collected a few from special edition games and other cool stuff.

• Like 1

Sounds cool. :) Some cool ideas for swag would be action figures and statues I have collected a few from special edition games and other cool stuff.

Didn't even think about those options. Definitely a great idea. Also, as far as books go, artbooks and strategy guides are definitely under consideration too (Titanbooks, Future Press, etc.).

Pretty much anything you listed will be awesome prizes.

• Like 1

I can't speak for everyone, but I believe most here are more interested in console/handheld games, at least as prizes from giveaways; I know I am, haha. Steam codes are fun too, though.

Also, given the huge popularity of them recently, I imagine giving away Amiibos would go over big time with people in any giveaways! :D

• Like 1

Amiibos should be in every giveaway, prize, products, etc. At least one awesome figure in all. Amiibos is life. Amiibos is love. Game Podunk has an exclusive Amiibo figure. . .which is uh me. :D

Lol agreed. Also any chance of Prize Vaults coming back? They were pretty fun.

• Like 1

Lol agreed. Also any chance of Prize Vaults coming back? They were pretty fun.

Possibly. There might be a chance to bring it back in March.

• Like 1

I can't speak for everyone, but I believe most here are more interested in console/handheld games, at least as prizes from giveaways; I know I am, haha. Steam codes are fun too, though.

Also, given the huge popularity of them recently, I imagine giving away Amiibos would go over big time with people in any giveaways! :D

Yeah we can definitely manage some console/handheld games for prizes. Those would be the default option. Amiibos are fair game as well. :D

Just a heads up, Podunkers: GameWires' first contest will be starting within a couple of days. As promised, I'll reveal the details (criteria, expiration, prize, etc.) here first in a new contest thread, prior to socializing it. Pretty straightforward reward for now, but we think you guys will love it. :)