HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jordan Haygood

Gorillaz Returns

So if you didn't hear by now, Gorillaz is returning. This was announced by Gorillaz artist and co-creator Jamie Hewlett on Instagram recently when he posted new artwork for its members. And in a reply to a user's Instagram post, he said, "Yes, Gorillaz returns." Welcome back, guys.

Oh, and here are the images Jamie posted:

MurdocSketch_zps362dafab.png

Noodle_zps384af945.pngMurdoc_zpsafa5efac.png

Russel_zps91d27028.png2D_zps0bdd6164.png

So on a scale from 10 to 10, how excited are you? Personally, I'm a 10.

I think I remember them back in the days...

I'm pretty pumped about Gorillaz coming back. Still need to catch up on their last album or two, but I remember when Demon Days was huge back in the day. Feel Good Inc. is still a great song (IMO), and some of their stuff from the first album is great too.

I actually didn't know that they were from England until tonight or that the two guys who form the core of the group were navigating a troubled friendship the last few years, but it's nice to hear they worked through it (or at least enough to start working on a new album).

I'm pretty pumped about Gorillaz coming back. Still need to catch up on their last album or two, but I remember when Demon Days was huge back in the day. Feel Good Inc. is still a great song (IMO), and some of their stuff from the first album is great too.

I actually didn't know that they were from England until tonight or that the two guys who form the core of the group were navigating a troubled friendship the last few years, but it's nice to hear they worked through it (or at least enough to start working on a new album).

Plastic Beach is fantastic. The Fall is good, too, but it feels less like a Gorillaz album and more like... Well, it's like 2D went off and made a solo album or something. It has a different sound, I guess I'm trying to say. Of course, Damon Albarn made the whole thing on an iPad while the band toured the US, so it makes sense. Anyway, I recommend both. And yes, Fell Good, Inc. is still a great song. And it always will be. And honestly, I think most of the songs on their first album are great, though a few blow the rest out of the water.

Yeah, I believe it had something to do with Damon wanting to do more Gorillaz but Jamie wanting to do other stuff, resulting in a hiatus.

Also, in case some of you folks never noticed its existence, the band actually has a music video for a song they did with Andre 3000 of OutKast and James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem specifically for Converse:

I have most of their albums so far minus the remix and other stuff. Glad to hear they're back and really enjoyed their type of music and band. There's always a way to find the band back together after retirements or breakups.