HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jordan Haygood

New Episodes of The Powerpuff Girls Coming in 2016

So while announcing its agenda for the 2015-2016 TV season, Cartoon Network revealed that the award-winning cartoon series The Powerpuff Girls is getting a reboot next year. This was that show that I was afraid to admit that I liked when I was a kid, but after a while became unafraid to admit that I enjoyed it a lot. So I'm pretty excited about this news. How about you guys?

Right on Jordan! I too admit liking them because during those days Cartoon Network had a block of Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd and Eddy, Johnny Bravo, etc. including this. Looking forward to their return and live the classic moments again. Good stuff bruh.

Seriously? I never cared for this show. Was it any good?

Seriously? I never cared for this show. Was it any good?

Yes. It won some Emmys.

I was just a tiny bit ahead of the Powerpuff Girls generation of kids when it became popular so I missed out on it somewhat, but this is cool to hear. Although, didn't they already have a reboot a few years back? I could swear they did something like that.

I was just a tiny bit ahead of the Powerpuff Girls generation of kids when it became popular so I missed out on it somewhat, but this is cool to hear. Although, didn't they already have a reboot a few years back? I could swear they did something like that.

Nah, they just had a special. They also had a special sometime last year, which had Ringo Starr voice a character. The good reception for that special is actually what led them to renewing the show.

Nah, they just had a special. They also had a special sometime last year, which had Ringo Starr voice a character. The good reception for that special is actually what led them to renewing the show.

I think Jason might be talking about the Power Puff Girlz anime Power Puff girls z.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQOUEVUsNW0

That's more my style.

Yes. It won some Emmys.

Wow, that was a surprise to hear. Never though that show was good enough for Emmys.

So it appears that the creators of the new Powerpuff Girls have released a glimpse of what it'll look like, and it seems as though they opted for a look much closer to the original than the special we saw not too long ago:

PPG_KEY_ART_PR_2016%5B1%5D.jpg

They also announced that Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup will all be played by different people, which is a shame, but hopefully the newbies can perform well. Other voice actors are returning, though, including the voices of Mojo Jojo, the Narrator/Mayor, and Ms. Keane.

Weird the main characters voice cast doesn't return, but others do? Makes no sense. I loved hearing Tara Strong, E.G. Daily, and Cathy Cavadini. They were pretty sad/hurt about it at the same time too. Ah man childhood memories gone lol. Anyways I'll still check it out to see how it handles these days in the current gen of kids.