HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Higgins

Happy Five Year Anniversary, Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Question

Everyone's going to be celebrating Pi Day today, 3.14. But today also marks five years since HeartGold & SoulSilver were released in North America. I remember, because I spent that day playing my new game while on the road to a concert several hours away. 

What are your favorite memories of HeartGold & SoulSilver?

In case you've missed it so far, I'm giving away a Mew from those days, too.

7 answers to this question

Wow 5 years already and I yet to play this game. I am a terrible pokemon trainer.

Dang 5 years and the only Pokemon games I've played is Snap and Rumble. Yes I know I'm horrible. If I ever get myself a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo Handheld, Pokemon is a must play on my list.

I still haven't played HG and SS. :cry: 

Heard they were pretty good, though! I think they're still considered the best remakes, even including ORAS (but don't quote me on that).

I still haven't played HG and SS. :cry:

Heard they were pretty good, though! I think they're still considered the best remakes, even including ORAS (but don't quote me on that).

Um. I'm honestly not sure whether I prefer HeartGold over Omega Ruby or not. But I most definitely enjoyed the fact that my lead Pokémon walked behind me, and the photo ops were cool. Having so many areas to explore in both Johto and Kanto were phenomenal as well. If they weren't so hard to come by in this day and age, I would definitely say run--don't walk--to everyone who hasn't played those games yet. 

I think because the games were so hailed, though, you'll get the "good game" tax when exploring eBay or Amazon. 

The only pokemon games I played were the original Red/Blue/Yellow. Those kept me busy for years. Not sure why I quit playing pokemon, I guess I lost interest.

My favorite Pokemon game ever <3

Only game I bothered to complete the Pokedex in too, lol.

The only pokemon games I played were the original Red/Blue/Yellow. Those kept me busy for years. Not sure why I quit playing pokemon, I guess I lost interest.

Same here. My reasons for not keeping up was because I was too cheap to buy the game.

• Like 1