HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
TKtheknight

TIE Figher - Short Animated Film

Thought this was pretty cool. I remember seeing this years ago, but it was a teaser. The guy animating this took him 4 years to complete. I love the 80's anime style vibe as well. Pretty awesome and well done on doing the Empire's view as well. Kudos to the creator and the team.

This is something Jason would like as well since he's a huge Star Wars fan lol.

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like watching Outlaw Star after that?

Naw more like all the Macross series for the epic space battles.

I'd totally watch a movie about a hotshot young group of TIE Fighter pilots flying the most dangerous missions that the other squadrons won't touch, until, one day, they get the mission...that will change their lives forever. Rated PG-13.

Anyway, as for this particular video, it's awesome. I love the style, and it really makes me wonder what kind of amazing animated movies they could pull off with Lucasfilm money if, you know, Lucasfilm wasn't so obsessed with CGI.

• Like 1

I need to watch that. I love the opening theme song when I heard it but I yet to watch the anime.

I'd totally watch a movie about a hotshot young group of TIE Fighter pilots flying the most dangerous missions that the other squadrons won't touch, until, one day, they get the mission...that will change their lives forever. Rated PG-13.

Anyway, as for this particular video, it's awesome. I love the style, and it really makes me wonder what kind of amazing animated movies they could pull off with Lucasfilm money if, you know, Lucasfilm wasn't so obsessed with CGI.

Yes, this should be turned into a full length anime. I would watch it.

I agree with you all about having this to be an awesome anime series or feature length animated film. This brings back the nostalgic 80's type anime. Lol imagine Daft Punk doing a music video with this. Also surprised Jason hasn't seen or replied to this yet.