HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

The Cookie Dough Cafe

Have you guys heard of The Cookie Dough Cafe before?

chocolatechip_2.jpg

It was a business that appeared on ABC's The Shark Tank, and they exclusively make edible gourmet cookie dough that's safe to eat. Also, it can't be baked, since there are no active baking ingredients (like baking soda, I'd guess); it's designed only to be eaten as is.

Looks really good IMO, though it's kind of expensive. You can only buy them in a 4 pint pack for $50 and they come with four different flavors. Once I get some more spending money, I'll probably check it out and report back here how it is.

They do have at least one brick-and-mortar store up and running too, but I think it's in CA somewhere.

Anyhow, does edible gourmet cookie dough (not the kind that you buy from a freezer and unwrap; that's technically not safe to eat raw) appeal to you?

Cookie dough is one of my favorite ice-cream flavors so yes this sounds awesome and I want it in my mouth now. Time to save up some money.

How can they call it cookie dough if it isn't cookie dough? Wouldn't it technically just be cookie dough-flavored sugar paste?

I don't think I ever liked cookie dough.

How can they call it cookie dough if it isn't cookie dough? Wouldn't it technically just be cookie dough-flavored sugar paste?

This is probably pretty accurate, haha.

It's just a label, pretty much. People probably wouldn't buy cookie dough-flavored paste if it's called as such so they just go ahead and call it cookie dough. Although I do think the only thing it's missing is active baking ingredients so if one added them, you could presumably make cookies?

It sounds like it'd be fun to try, but I like my junk food cheap. Haha. I'm a fan of cookie dough, but $50? Yipe.

• Like 1

Uh, $50? For cookie dough? People already buy and eat those cheap tubes of it, I even used to do it. I don't see many people paying that much when there is a much cheaper option.

If I really wanted some cookie dough I would just make it and it wouldn't cost me $50. :P

Uh, $50? For cookie dough? People already buy and eat those cheap tubes of it, I even used to do it. I don't see many people paying that much when there is a much cheaper option.

If I really wanted some cookie dough I would just make it and it wouldn't cost me $50. :P

It is like people are wiling to pay more for the same exact food just because it is gourmet or in a fancy restaurant ;).

I feel like at that point, buying $50 of it I'd rather just like go to a bakery and buy cookies. Heck, even go to a super market, get cookie dough or ingredients and make it myself. The price tag scares me more than the potential diabetus. 

It is like people are wiling to pay more for the same exact food just because it is gourmet or in a fancy restaurant ;).

It is like those places that sell food for triple everywhere else and give you a third less and the food also sucks. Some people just like throwing there money away.

It is like those places that sell food for triple everywhere else and give you a third less and the food also sucks. Some people just like throwing there money away.

I'll never understand it. I'll be so hungry after I leave those places with a lot less money to buy more food so I can be full lol.