HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Higgins

3D Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 2, and Streets of Rage 2 Coming This Summer

Remember when SEGA announced the second wave of their 3D Classics was coming west back in November 2014? 3D OutRun and others have already arrived on the eShop, while games like 3D Fantasy Zone 2 (this Thursday) and 3D Thunder Blade (this May) are still coming as planned. Still, I had always hoped for my three favorite games from SEGA's golden era to be ported over, eventually: Streets of Rage 2, Gunstar Heroes, and Sonic 2.

As it turns out...SEGA has officially granted my wish. All three of those games are confirmed, and they are coming west this summer. 3D Streets of Rage 2 will be released this July. 3D Gunstar Heroes is coming in August. And 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will arrive this September.

Posted Image

As with all the 3D Classics from SEGA, they're being ported over by M2, who famously puts a lot of tender loving care into these titles. ....These were the three games I was most excited to eventually experience. So now that they're coming, I want to ask all of you: what SEGA Genesis games would you like to see given the 3D Classics treatment?

Does anyone own any of the current SEGA 3D Classics available on the eShop? Are you looking forward to playing one or all of these three this summer? Let us know!

Source: SEGA of America Blog

Click here to view the article

So basically 3 of the best Genesis games ever made are coming to 3DS. HELLZ YEAH!

I don't currently own any of the 3D classics because only a few of them really appeal to me, but I'll definitely be getting these. As for games I'd like to see, I'll steal what you said about Beyond Oasis and Sonic 3 & Knuckles, as well as Shining Force 1&2. I don't care the Shining Force games wouldn't necessarily look better in 3D, I just want them to be more widely available. :D

If the 3D Classics line continues to be popular, I wonder if SEGA will start doing SEGA CD and 32X games as well.

Anyhow, I'm definitely looking forward to trying 3D Sonic 2 and Gunstar Heroes! Still haven't played the latter despite having played the Gameboy Advance game either.

If the 3D Classics line continues to be popular, I wonder if SEGA will start doing SEGA CD and 32X games as well.

Anyhow, I'm definitely looking forward to trying 3D Sonic 2 and Gunstar Heroes! Still haven't played the latter despite having played the Gameboy Advance game either.

There's probably like, one 32X game people would actually buy, and only out of sheer curiosity. :P (Knuckles Chaotix)

• Like 1

There's probably like, one 32X game people would actually buy, and only out of sheer curiosity. :P (Knuckles Chaotix)

That's exactly the one I was thinking about! lol :P

• Like 1

That's exactly the one I was thinking about! lol :P

Knuckles Chaotix was so close to being in Sonic Gems Collection (which I had), but NO DICE. To that end--because I don't emulate games--I've never played Knuckles Chaotix. It's the only Sonic game out of all of them that's eluded me. :(

My kingdom for 3D Sonic 3 & Knuckles, though.

Now that I have Streets of Rage 2 and Gunstar Heroes coming, SEGA just needs to keep listening to me

so keep buying everything <3 <3

My kingdom for 3D Sonic 3 & Knuckles, though.

I have to think that it'll happen in a year or two (of course, Sonic 3 has to come first).

Clearly they're making money off of these 3D ports, and it's probable that they're low-risk ventures since they likely don't require that big of a budget, so at this rate, I'm pretty sure we'll see every classic SEGA title ported over (or at least until 3DS is done). I wonder when they'll do 3D Phantasy Star games. :o

OMG, I have to get this. Street of Rage 2 is icing on the cake.

Sign in to follow this