HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

So... Disney Is Going to Make a Lot of Money Through 2017

If you haven't seen it yet, this Disney's slate of movies being released through Summer 2017.

CDNiT7RUsAA8KyT.jpg

Most of us probably knew about those Marvel and Star Wars movies, but with the inclusion of those new animated films and some live action stuff (Tomorrowland, Beauty and the Beast, Pirates of the Caribbean), Disney looks like it's going in for the kill, man.

Also, how did I not hear that they were doing a Pete's Dragon reboot? lol

Anyhow, that is a pretty killer lineup for a two-year time period; if even a third of those do massive numbers (better than expected), Disney is probably on its way to competing with Apple as one of the highest-earning companies in the world.

What do you think of the lineup? Anything you're looking forward to in particular?

Wait a sec...something isn't right. Bridge of Spies and Ghost in the Shell is being made by DreamWorks lol. Why are they part of Disney plans? Is there something I don't know about? xD

But yes Disney is gonna make so much money and hopefully use it for the good. . . .and ~coughs~ renew contracts to certain actors~ It would feel weird seeing a different Tony Stark if RDJ walks away lol.

Wait a sec...something isn't right. Bridge of Spies and Ghost in the Shell is being made by DreamWorks lol. Why are they part of Disney plans? Is there something I don't know about? xD

But yes Disney is gonna make so much money and hopefully use it for the good. . . .and ~coughs~ renew contracts to certain actors~ It would feel weird seeing a different Tony Stark if RDJ walks away lol.

Film distribution rights are being split between Fox and Disney, at least for Bridge of Spies.  In NA, they are dropping it through Touchstone.  GITS is Dreamworks produced, but also Disney distributed.  Unsure on which company they will utilize for that, though.

Either way.  That's mo' money.

• Like 1

Film distribution rights are being split between Fox and Disney, at least for Bridge of Spies.  In NA, they are dropping it through Touchstone.  GITS is Dreamworks produced, but also Disney distributed.  Unsure on which company they will utilize for that, though.

Either way.  That's mo' money.

Yeah, was just about to mention that. I actually didn't know any of that until I looked it up earlier, ha.

Disney will probably own the whole industry in a few years...

Since when hasn't Disney been making a lot of money?

Wait, Toy Story 4? Oh god, don't milk it. The series ended with Toy Story 3 and it was a perfect ending. Let it be.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to Star Wars. I usually see ever Pixar movie, but lately their movies haven't been as good as they used to be, so I don't know about these new ones.

A lot of those I don't even know what they are and am too lazy to look it up. Any 2D animated films? I thought after The Princess and the Frog they were going to start doing them again.

Any 2D animated films? I thought after The Princess and the Frog they were going to start doing them again.

This is a really good question; I was thinking the same thing, but we have yet to see anything more like that. My guess is that they found that the 3D films are pulling in more money, so they're focusing on that primarily; also, it could be that handdrawn 2D animated films are actually more expensive than creating 3D ones nowadays (crazy, right?), so maybe it's just not worth it for them to keep doing it as a regular business model thing.

I don't see Deadpool on there which makes me sad. Unless my eyes are getting old. And here is hoping the live-action Ghost in the Shell goes through all sorts of production hell--even if it is supposed to start shooting next year. 

I don't see Deadpool on there which makes me sad. Unless my eyes are getting old. And here is hoping the live-action Ghost in the Shell goes through all sorts of production hell--even if it is supposed to start shooting next year. 

I don't think Disney has the rights to Deadpool; that's Fox, I believe.

Explains the R rating.