HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

So, seeing as a few of us around here are getting pretty heavily into super hero related shows, I figured I'd make a topic about one more. That is, Daredevil, Marvel's triumphant return to TV- sorta. Well, TV sized media and such. So, let's uh, chat or something. Did you guys see it yet, plan on watching it soon? If you saw it already, what did you like and didn't like? 

For me-

I'm quite surprised with how much I enjoyed the show, and the character as well. Most of you from around the site probably know I'm more into DC than Marvel, so my knowledge on Daredevil is incredibly limited. Going in, I knew he was blind, and beat the crap outta people. Totally all I needed, right? What I didn't expect was the level of character development, the relationship building, the actual care and precision of the world outside of wearing a silly costume and- well then it gets into the bits that bothered me. Don't get me wrong, I love super hero movies and shows. However, around 9 or so episodes in, I noticed something that really started to bother me. I don't think there was one episode where things went well for Matt Murdock. Again, don't get me wrong, that's part of the reason I don't enjoy Superman. I mean, how are you supposed to relate to a guy that's invulnerable and basically a god? Honestly though, you can't have one night where you just bodied everyone else? Literally seemed like every outing was just like...I dunno, like he just couldn't do anything but barely win, barely avoid death, or just straight up get wrecked. I think the last episode was the first one I saw him literally have his most defining win, which was nice considering it was the climax of the series and the introduction of his suit. Bonus points for the Escrima sticks. I am greatly looking forward to a second season and learning more about the universe. Not to mention the main villain was pretty awesome and I hope they keep him for more iterations of the character. I'm even hoping they use him for like, the Sinister Six movie coming out down the line. Out of ten, I'd probably give the first season an 8 or 8.5. For being a character I had 0 interest in, I'd say they did a pretty damn good job of keeping me hooked.

I still need to watch it. Everyone's going on about how great it is so I'm like "man, I totally gotta see what the fuss is about." Then I go back to whatever I was doing and forget about it. :P DD has never really been anywhere near the top of my favorite superhero list (or...on it at all) but I'd still like to give it a  watch and see what I think.

I liked the movie way back in the day it was ok. I hear everyone talking about this saying it's really good and so far the other super hero series Arrow and Flash have been really good so I'm sure DD is as well. I don't have netflix so I'll have to find a way to download it like GOT.

I haven't seen it yet but my technician told me to watch it. He thinks it is good and definitely something I will enjoy.

I haven't seen it yet but my technician told me to watch it. He thinks it is good and definitely something I will enjoy.

It's a pretty good show, in my opinion. There's a lot more violence than I thought there would be, like straight up people losing limbs and such. Sometimes more. But uh- That's not like the focus or anything. It's a great step back in the right direction for Daredevil from what I'm hearing people say, comparing it to the movie. Plus, it's a set up for an iconic Marvel villain, Kingpin. Mostly a win win. And considering like, within a week of the series airing, they got signed on for a second season, I'd say they're in pretty good shape right now. Let's just hope they don't pull a Heroes and tank the second season.