HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
gaiages

Share your Recipes, Podunkers!

I thought we had a thread like this, but I didn't see it in this forum, so... let's share some recipes, guys!

Why? because i need to steal them Because it's fun to share, and it can give you a great idea for your next meal!

I've recently gotten more into cooking myself, and after feeding some stuff to friends and noticing that they didn't die and them enjoying my meals I figured I'd keep at it.  I haven't made too much stuff yet, but I'm always looking for something new to try.  So, let's share some of the recipes we find and try out!  You can also post pictures and whatever else you'd like.

Today, I'll show off these awesome Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches.  They're super easy to make, just bake some eggs (but it is best if you have ramekins to do that, not everyone may have those... I had to buy some, myself), toast the muffin (which you don't have to do, but I thought it tasted better that way), put the ingredients together, wrap it up super tight and freeze!  Since I'm typically only cooking for myself, so usually when I cook I have a bunch of leftovers I need to eat... but it's even better if I can cook a bunch of stuff in advance and freeze it, to eat whenever I want.  It's also pretty awesome for the mornings (or will be when I get a microwave), as I'm too lazy and am not getting up early enough to cook myself breakfast, anyway.  I took one to work today and heated it up, it was pretty great, and filling too!

What do y'all have to share?

• Like 2

I don't know the name of my own recipe so here's a random one I make myself.

Cornbeef

Eggs

Shredded Cheese

Diced potatoes (optional, but pretty good add on)

1.Open cornbeef and grill it on the pan. You can use half or full. Also add in diced potatoes or country potatoes.

2. I use about 3-4 eggs and batter it up to make an scrambled eggs.

3. Pour it onto the grilled cornbeef and mash it up.

4. Finishing touches put lots of shredded cheese (well you don't have to put a lot, but I really love cheese).

5.Mix it all up.

6. Eat

Just imagine that it looks like this, but with melted cheese all over.

3725300820_b2e5cd6dca_b.jpg

• Like 1

Jebus TK.  I don't even like cornbeef and that looks amazing, even without the glorious-ness that is cheese.  I think I'm going to have to make that for dinner over the weekend (even if it seems to be a breakfast-y type food, lol) :wub:

• Like 1

Jebus TK.  I don't even like cornbeef and that looks amazing, even without the glorious-ness that is cheese.  I think I'm going to have to make that for dinner over the weekend (even if it seems to be a breakfast-y type food, lol) :wub:

Breakfast food is so good any time of the day especially with eggs. There are so many ways to make breakfast fun. At the dining hall here on campus we have omlette nights. Breakfast is one of my favorite times of the day and actually look forward to it especially when my mom makes homemade breakfast meals. Cornbeef is definitely good when it's grilled or cooked with something. :D

Hey all, today I have a new recipe to share with y'all today!  This Cheesy Chili Hash Brown Bake is absolutely fantastic!  Super easy, and doesn't require many ingredients, either!  Also, if you don't have a bunch of ramekins, don't worry, you can bake it in a 13x9 pan, as well, which is what I did.  I'll post a few pictures of it up on my Tumblr in a bit, too (I'll shove the link here).

I do recommend a few tweaks to the recipe, though.  I personally thought some diced onions would have went nice in it, while my guinea pig guest thought adding some spice with jalapenos would have been awesome.  Still, it's easy to make and makes a good amount of food, so try it out :3

• Like 1