HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Laddie13

Rumor has it MediEvil is coming to the PS4!

I'm not one to pick favorites but if I were forced to, my all time favorite game just might be MediEvil. For generations of Sony consoles I've waited for Sir Dan Fortesque to return and just when I had given up all hope, a new rumor emerges. There's some talk on the internet that MediEvil will return on the PS4 and could possibly be announced at E3.

Please be true!

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/05/those_medievil_ps4_rumours_have_risen_from_their_grave

• Like 1

If it's true, I think it's great that Sony is reviving old franchises one by one gradually (to see what sticks and what doesn't). I have to wonder if we're getting a new Sly Cooper sometime soon (since it's been 2 years at this point), but seeing that Sanzaru worked on Sonic Boom for 3DS instead recently, I'm a bit worried. Would Sony choose another studio to work on it? It doesn't make sense to me unless said studio had a really good pitch for it.

Anyhow, I think the approach Sony is taking now is to work on one revival at a time. We saw this with Twisted Metal and Sly Cooper, and now it makes sense that they'd be trying it with MediEvil this year. There's a rumor that either Socom or Silent Scope is being brought back as well. We'll see what happens!

A new Medievil would be awesome. Not enough games embrace the campy B-movie horror comedy style, and that's a shame, so Medievil needs to come back from the dead and bring that level of silly fun back into the spotlight. ^_^ I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it's still fun to think Sony has been secretly toying with bringing older franchises to PS4 outside of porting last-gen games. (yeah, I said it)

I.

I will cry.

Please be true... it is no secret how much I love this franchise. 

Heard this was a good series. I hope they remake the old games in HD so I can get it in a collection.

Uh, I thought it was common knowledge that that "demo" is a fan-project from YEARS ago. I stopped believing the rumors when I found out they were associated to it. But yes, it sucks. Sigh. One day. We can keep dreaming though.

They should just hire the guy who made this demo. I think he knows what to do with this game.

They should just hire the guy who made this demo. I think he knows what to do with this game.

Nah. Instead they'll hire some people who have no idea what's going or--or what the game even is--and make it a game you play with the camera.

Nah. Instead they'll hire some people who have no idea what's going or--or what the game even is--and make it a game you play with the camera.

And it won't be released until 2020!