HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Mallrats Sequel, Mallbrats, Announced

You may have heard about the Mallrats sequel happening before this, but this is the first official title we've gotten for the movie (to my knowledge). Anyhow, it's supposed to be shooting in early 2016.

Kevin Smith posted on Facebook earlier:

"IT'S MALL OR NOTHING! 20 years in the making," Smith wrote. "113 pages fulla old friends, new jokes and a bloody battle with Stan Lee! This is for you, Jim. Wish you were here... #MallBrats"

I believe everyone from the first is coming back (if the IGN article is to be believed), even Stan Lee! And of course, Clerks 3 is in the works right now as well.

Are there any Mallrats fans in the house here? Are you excited that a sequel is happening?

This is pretty amazing. I've always been in that minority of Mallrats being my favorite Kevin Smith movie. Definitely never expected too see another given that it bombed when it was released, though I heard it has made tons of money on DVD and Bluray over the years. Anyway, this is awesome. As long as Jason Lee / Brody and Jay & Silent Bob are in it, I'm happy. 

This is pretty amazing. I've always been in that minority of Mallrats being my favorite Kevin Smith movie. Definitely never expected too see another given that it bombed when it was released, though I heard it has made tons of money on DVD and Bluray over the years. Anyway, this is awesome. As long as Jason Lee / Brody and Jay & Silent Bob are in it, I'm happy. 

All three are definitely confirmed to be returning! Stan Lee as well. :)

I have been a fan of Jason Lee since My Name is Earl. Mallrats is one of his and Smith's best, so this is good news in my book.

Why is this a thing? Mallrats is perfect; leave it alone.