HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

souporman

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - A Koji Igarashi Game

000_zpswdi7lqut.jpg

Reached its goal of $500,000 in like 3 or 4 hours. And as of right now it has nearly doubled that, which means David Hayter will be voicing in the game.

010_zpsjxe7leac.png

I backed this so fast. Best Kickstarter ever. Igarashi is my new video game hero for saving "Castlevania".

I went with the Alchemist's  Treasure edition. Man, some of those rewards are cool, but damn are they expensive.

Put $60 right when it started. Going to upgrade if online co-op is a thing. Its almost at 1mil.

I am so pumped.

• Like 1

While it's not for me, personally, I think it's really cool that developers like Iga, Inafune, Playtonic, and more have all left their companies in order to pursue and make the things that they want to make.

After years of no classic 2D Castlevania game, it's great to see one resurface (albeit under a different name). Hope the game ends up being everything that fans want it to be.

Also, it was mad smart of Fangamer (who made the KS and did PR for the project) to team up with known Youtube celebrities to announce the game, especially Kinda Funny and Egoraptor.

• Like 1

I dropped 60 on it, I'm really so excited.  It's gonna be a long wait... and I'm looking forward to what some of the next goals will be.  :3  I'll consider upgrading if things look really great, but it's a little hard for me to really justify paying more xD

• Like 1

I dropped 60 on it, I'm really so excited.  It's gonna be a long wait... and I'm looking forward to what some of the next goals will be.  :3  I'll consider upgrading if things look really great, but it's a little hard for me to really justify paying more xD

Castlevania that looks like Muramasa. Justification over.

I don't want to be that guy but... it is concept art. And, well, Mighty No.9 is a good reminder of how much that can change.

That said, I definitely have much more faith in it than No.9 and I'm certainly looking forward to it. I hope they don't try to make the game multiplayer focused like Harmony of Despair and it is just something you can do... not something that feels like the game was designed entirely around. I think I'll get the digital version regardless but I'm glad it destroyed its goals so quickly.

I don't want to be that guy but... it is concept art. And, well, Mighty No.9 is a good reminder of how much that can change.

That said, I definitely have much more faith in it than No.9 and I'm certainly looking forward to it. I hope they don't try to make the game multiplayer focused like Harmony of Despair and it is just something you can do... not something that feels like the game was designed entirely around. I think I'll get the digital version regardless but I'm glad it destroyed its goals so quickly.

Point is: Castlevania. Who cares what it looks like? And more likely than not they're focusing on a single-player affair given that MP is part of the stretch goals. It is close to hitting local co-op, so I'm hoping another goal is online. Fingers crossed.

To be honest, what I hate most is the name; it is awful.

Well yeah, plenty of justification to drop that $60 for sure.  ;D  More, though, and it's a bit dicey.  I'm not rich!

And yeah, the name is pretty bad.  Oh well.

The name isn't that bad, but I was also thinking of it as more of a rip off of a Castlevania title. There should be a colon or a pause in there somewhere. Really it should be- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. See, when you look at it like that it sounds a lot better, but also a lot closer to- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. That's probably where I'd agree in terms of it being a bad title. Bloodstained though, without the sub after it isn't terrible. Ahem-

I backed it as well, pretty excited after watching the video, especially looking at it now. They're already up to like...1.4 Million in like the first day and a half. Did Mighty No. 9 even do that much that fast? 

This is actually my first Kickstarter for a game. Only other one I did was Bubblegum Crisis 2040 Bluray by Animeigo. It's pretty exciting but it would take something of this level of interest for me to do it again, I think. Igavania's may possibly be my single-most favorite game formula. I try not to throw around the term favorite loosely, and I have many, but 2D Castlevania and its uncertain future as of late is the only gaming franchise that's ever affected me emotionally. The thought of never playing another one actually kinda depressed me a bit. It's a freaking crime that publishers don't think people want this anymore. All I really needed to back this was knowing that Iga was involved and that Machiru Yamane was on the soundtrack. Speaking of which:

I initially only pledged $5 but that pitch video (which I watched afterwards) was so entertaining and motivating that I said fudge it and changed it too $100. I mean, this is a 2D Igavania in HD on CONSOLES. That's something I've been craving for years. I also want all the suits in the industry to know that people want this, so I did my part. And because fudge Konami.

And yeah, the only thing that slightly worries me is 2.5D. I'm anxious/nervous to see what that's gonna be like, but I have faith in Iga. If anything, with the Kickstarter now triple the amount of its goal, he's gonna have a lot more pressure not to screw anything up than he did initially. He's gotten mad support from the fans and he strikes me as the type of dude who will give it his all to make this freaking legendary.

The title was kinda iffy to me at first but it has really gown on me now and I'm fine with it. Better than something like Fortressvania or some other play on Castlevania.

• Like 1

All I really needed to back this was knowing that Iga was involved and that Machiru Yamane was on the soundtrack. Speaking of which:

Pretty much this.

Did Mighty No. 9 even do that much that fast? 

I don't believe so. As a big fan of Megaman I am not excited for Mighty No. 9. I'll play it, yes. But meh. At any rate, they have moved beyond the latest goal meaning I want to see online co-op as the next one. Again. Please. This cannot be re-stated enough.

In for a copy, seems neat enough and people are mad hyped. Back Might No.9 for the same amount and I was annoyed that I forgot to back Project Phoenix :P

8e765546d9b992b93f35119b5022f8e7.pnga56bf98c17e77bedd96cbc6f8b0e4ed4.png

Holy S***  I've got to stop spending so much on empty promises :P

With my rules for backing a kickstarter I would not touch this with a 10 foot pole. I don't back games if they have nothing to show and this has zero video or pictures of a actual game that exists just some pretty artwork. Kickstarters that have nothing to show or what they do show is clearly not professional work are most likely to be complete scams.

BUT This kickstarter is done by a well known game designer with past work to prove his legitimacy so it's all good baby. Still it does bother me that they have nothing to show for this. It's not my style of game so I wont be backing it but I wish the rest of you good luck.

I never back empty promises :)

OEiTpaF.png

eY5fih6.png

eQr6v6o.png