HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Nintendo Detailing E3 Plans Tomorrow

Looks like it's that time of year already.

Nintendo teased a reveal of what they plan to do for E3 tomorrow. Just as a reminder, this is an announcement of how they intend to dispense the information, not a reveal of any of the announcements they plan to make.

Although that Punch-Out!! tease is... quite something.

CE0FvtvWYAAXGS8.jpg

There's almost no way that isn't Reggie underneath that getup; the build and girth pretty much match up.

Does this mean they're teasing a new Punch-Out!! game? Nintendo usually doesn't do overt things like this without it meaning something, so we'll see.

Also, my money is on them announcing they'll do another E3 Direct presentation like last year.

What do you guys think of this?

I'd be up for a new Punch-Out! Retro did a fairly good job on the Wii game and I could see them doing another since I don't really recall their current project being announced.

That said, even if the hint makes it hard to believe it is anything else, I can't really say that is the kind of game you would hype up for E3... there has to be other (much bigger) games Nintendo has in mind.

That said, even if the hint makes it hard to believe it is anything else, I can't really say that is the kind of game you would hype up for E3... there has to be other (much bigger) games Nintendo has in mind.

Paper Mario Wii U. Believe it! xD

• Like 1

Paper Mario Wii U. Believe it! xD

I honestly would prefer that not to happen in fear of it jeopardizing the series, as if Sticker Star didn't do that already. Ugh, hate that game.

Getting back to topic, the E3 plan video wasn't too specific, although I'll most likely try out the championship. I'm absolutely nothing comparison to the competitive gamers, though.

I honestly would prefer that not to happen in fear of it jeopardizing the series, as if Sticker Star didn't do that already. Ugh, hate that game.

I get what you mean, but honestly, I'd like to see them give another go at it. One entry alone doesn't ruin a series for good; only if they had a string of letdowns.

But yeah, it's time to bring back the real RPG elements of the series as well as the story. People have been wanting a true sequel to The Thousand Year Door for some time now. :(

• Like 1

I get what you mean, but honestly, I'd like to see them give another go at it. One entry alone doesn't ruin a series for good; only if they had a string of letdowns.

But yeah, it's time to bring back the real RPG elements of the series as well as the story. People have been wanting a true sequel to The Thousand Year Door for some time now. :(

Word. Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door were awesome. They just need to drop the gimmicks and focus on what made those games great.

Although after waiting for so long I kind of consider Stick of Truth the Paper Mario sequel I had been waiting for.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who liked Sticker Star...?

Anyway, just thought I'd drop this hilarious video they released:

Mega64 helped with it, if you couldn't tell.

Am I the only one who liked Sticker Star...?

You're not the only one. Though thinking back on it, I'd probably give it a 7.5-8.0 if I reviewed it now.

I still think there is plenty of good to that game, though. I'm inclined to believe that most people who hate it didn't get very far into it because there were some pretty cool levels, especially toward the end.

You're not the only one. Though thinking back on it, I'd probably give it a 7.5-8.0 if I reviewed it now.

I still think there is plenty of good to that game, though. I'm inclined to believe that most people who hate it didn't get very far into it because there were some pretty cool levels, especially toward the end.

I feel like a lot of the people who hate it simply can't forgive how different it is from the series it's a part of. Similar to why many people hated Super Paper Mario. Of course, SPM had an awesome story going for it, whereas Sticker Star's story is pretty forgettable. Nonetheless, it's not a bad game by any means.

I feel like a lot of the people who hate it simply can't forgive how different it is from the series it's a part of. Similar to why many people hated Super Paper Mario. Of course, SPM had an awesome story going for it, whereas Sticker Star's story is pretty forgettable. Nonetheless, it's not a bad game by any means.

The complaints I heard the most was that the sticker system was super flawed in that you would want to avoid battles to avoid "wasting" resources... for a game centered around fighting battles and exploring the environment. Either way, I haven't gotten around to playing it, personally.

The complaints I heard the most was that the sticker system was super flawed in that you would want to avoid battles to avoid "wasting" resources... for a game centered around fighting battles and exploring the environment. Either way, I haven't gotten around to playing it, personally.

This is the fundamental flaw in the game, yes. There are a few other things though, such as that there are places you'll need to use stickers on in the level to proceed, and the game literally gives you no clue as to what sticker to use, so it's trial-and-error in a lot of cases, even where it seems like one sticker might do the trick. Also, there's no real story. What little plot there is boils down to Bowser becoming super powerful because of having a royal sticker or something and you need to put a stop to him. There's pretty much no narrative to it.