HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

First look at the Supergirl TV Show

As if there weren't already enough superhero shows on TV, things are about to get a lot more crowded next season when Supergirl debuts on CBS.

Check out the first look trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo

Personally, I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I'll reserve judgement until I watch it, but the trailer does make it seem like it hits all the same beats that Superman does, but the one twist is the "having to prove herself" aspect of the show. I just hope it can manage to be something unique when compared to Superman in the end.

What do you guys think?

That looks like turds. It's like an Ally McBiel version of a romcom, but without the female empowerment, which is ironic, because she LITERALLY has superpowers. Then there's a B Plot where she chases Kal-El's shadow and stops bad stuff, too.

• Like 2

Not the most amazing trailer but I'll give it a try and see how it goes. It's probably targeting teenage girls. Also an interesting note SuperGirl will be crossing over with Arrow and The Flash after she has her first season so be ready for that. She's not very cute :(

Is it strange that all I could think about while watching this trailer was how terrible the fashion is?

Is it strange that all I could think about while watching this trailer was how terrible the fashion is?

No, because it is framed like one of those Ugly Betty style shows.

I saw that last night and thought it may be okay. I don't know much about Supergirl. Maybe I'll watch it if you guys end up saying it is good.

Yeah I mean, uh, I'm not terribly impressed with the look of the show so far. Honestly, I think the flying segments looked terrible, like really bad looking CGI. Which is sad, because it seems like Arrow and The Flash have handled things like that fairly well, on a less wealthy TV station. I can understand that it's a first season thing, but still. Also, that trailer was kinda not great. They spent so much time on her actual life and non-Supergirl related things. And when they did show action and such, it seemed, well- not incredibly exciting. Cool, she stopped a truck with her bare hands, made the cabin explode, but somehow the driver flew through the windshield and seemed completely fine. 

The whole proving herself thing is kinda Supergirl's character, at least for a long time it is. Or at least from what I've seen of her in other media forms. I think it was more of, Superman was accepted so easily in her eyes, that she doesn't understand why this job isn't easier and such. I'm also a bit...perplexed that they went with the more mature her. I mean, I liked the more mature version from what I saw in some comic forms as cross overs, but the version I'm most used to is the one from the Justice League cartoon, where she was brash, impatient, openly spoke her mind, and had a lot of growing to do. This one seems timid, cautious, and almost whipped, especially with how her boss treated her... 

I dunno, I'll probably wait to trash talk it until after I see it, but that trailer does not leave a good taste in my mouth...