HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Ludono

DriveClub Update 1.15 & May 2015 DLC Detailed, PlayStation Plus Edition Still Being Worked On

Arriving next week, DriveClub update 1.15 will allow you to reach Level 55, improve the game“s stability, and add support for this month“s new DLC, which launches on May 26 in North America and May 27 in Europe.

Here“s what“s changing with update 1.15:

• New Driver Levels: You can now reach Level 55 and each new level has a reward.
  • New menu images to show off some of the best #PS4share pictures created by DriveClub players.
  • A new option to toggle the entire On-Screen Display on and off while you race, without pausing.
  • Statistics have been added for all cars from Expansion Packs and free downloads.
  • Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

And here“s the DLC that update 1.15 adds support for:

• Adds support for the DS Survolt, coming to PlayStation Store as a free download.
  • Adds support for the Lamborghini Icons Expansion Pack (coming to PlayStation Store May 26-27).
  • The Lamborghini Icons Car Pack includes: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini Reventón, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 Super Veloce and Lamborghini Diablo Super Veloce.
  • The Lamborghini Icons Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Earn every star in the Lamborghini Icons Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
  • Adds support for the Torque Tour Pack which includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Earn every star in the Torque Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
  • Adds support for 2 new livery packs and each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.
  • As for what Evolution Studios is working on after update 1.15 launches next week, that includes more servers upgrades “to enable the release of the PS+ Edition and DriveClub companion app,†both of which are still undated at the moment.

Evolution talked about what else they“re developing right now for the future of DriveClub:

• Private Lobbies – Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server improvements.
  • New Driver Levels – More will be added each month with new rewards for every level.
  • Big Improvements to Challenges – To make them easier to use and to improve server performance further.
  • New Accolades – For Japan & new manufacturers.
  • More Cars & Tours – The Season Pass runs to July and we have more popular cars and manufacturers coming to DriveClub!
  • More Game Updates – With improvements based on your feedback! Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.
  • While the Season Pass may end in July, they said, “We haven“t announced anything beyond July just yet†when asked if there wouldn“t be any further DriveClub DLC.

Anything that you're interested in? The game itself is fun but still is lacking a certain something... though the constant improvements have helped... of course they STILL haven't release the long promised free plus version yet....

I missed out on the game when it was $20 at GS (I haven't actually checked the stores, but the website doesn't show any in stock anywhere nearby) but I'll probably grab it when it's the same price elsewhere. Even if my PS+ wasn't currently expired, I'm still long past the point of expecting that version to ever show up, plus, I mean, come on...at this point, the full game should just be part of the monthly lineup sometime in the next few months.

• Like 1

I missed out on the game when it was $20 at GS (I haven't actually checked the stores, but the website doesn't show any in stock anywhere nearby) but I'll probably grab it when it's the same price elsewhere. Even if my PS+ wasn't currently expired, I'm still long past the point of expecting that version to ever show up, plus, I mean, come on...at this point, the full game should just be part of the monthly lineup sometime in the next few months.

Yeah plus Project CARS might be the better racer if you're looking to get a racing game on PS4.... has anyone made a comparison yet?

Yeah plus Project CARS might be the better racer if you're looking to get a racing game on PS4.... has anyone made a comparison yet?

Cars is far and away the better racer. Both have really poor (small) car lists, but insofar as the racing is concerned given the options and so forth Cars is the winner. I really do like Driveclub though. I mean, its fun and satisfy the racing itch. I only wish I could tune my car, even if its just the option to take both ABS and traction-control off. 

My friend said IGN's review of Cars is right on the money.

My problem with both games is that I do not care about racing super-cars... I'd much rather race and tune older cars. I'm basically waiting around for a new GT.

• Like 1

I'm actually shocked they didn't shelve the PS Plus edition, but seeing that Evolution Studios' new purpose is to support DriveClub as a service, I guess I'm not too surprised.

Sad to see what happened to that studio. I do wonder if Sony will close them down once all is said and done with the game.

Cars is far and away the better racer. Both have really poor (small) car lists, but insofar as the racing is concerned given the options and so forth Cars is the winner. I really do like Driveclub though. I mean, its fun and satisfy the racing itch. I only wish I could tune my car, even if its just the option to take both ABS and traction-control off. 

My friend said IGN's review of Cars is right on the money.

My problem with both games is that I do not care about racing super-cars... I'd much rather race and tune older cars. I'm basically waiting around for a new GT.

Yeah like a gritty "street" racer type thing where you have like... obtainable cars and then be able to tune and customize the sugar out of them.... that would be sweeeeeet. NFS Underground 3 plz?