HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Venom

Steam Giveaway - Marvel Vs. DC [closed]

Guess who's back with another Steam giveaway? Well, I guess you don't really have to guess since I'm the one making the post, but anyway, that's what I'm doing, so listen up if you want a chance to win one of two Steam games!

I've got two Steam keys for a game from both Marvel and DC - one is Lego Marvel Superheroes, and the other is Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure. If you fancy winning one of these games, you'll have to make a choice - Marvel or DC?

That's right, to enter this contest, you'll have to prove your allegiance: If you want to win Lego Marvel Superheroes, tell me at least one thing that makes Marvel better than DC. If you want to win Scribblenauts, do the opposite - one reason DC is better than Marvel. You can only win one or the other, so choose wisely!

IMPORTANT STUFF

-The contest is for one (1) Steam key for Lego Marvel Superheroes and one (1) Steam key for Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure. There will be two winners, one for each game.

-The contest will run from the time of this post until 3:00 PM EST on Sunday, May 24. The winner will be announced shortly afterwards.

-Everyone is eligible, staff included.

-This contest isn't endorsed or anything by WB Games (or GamePodunk, for that matter), I just put them in the tags since it's relevant.

And...I think that's it. So get those entries in, and good luck! We'll see you Sunday, same bat-time, same bat-channel, true believers!

• Like 2

Sorry Batman :(.

I want to enter for Lego marvel Superheroes because clearly the Marvel movies are so much better. I know not a great reason but even this  new Batman vs. Superman movie I don't think will be as good as the Avengers or Captain America 2.

I don't actually believe DC is better than Marvel, but because I already have LEGO MSH, I'll go to bat for Scribblenauts, lol.

DC is at least better than Marvel when it comes to TV still, much as I do love Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter. The Flash is the best superhero show on TV right now and one of the best shows I've seen in a while due to its balancing of superhero action, comedy, and everyday life drama. Although I still really dislike Iris; hopefully they write her character better next season. :doge:

What makes Marvel better than DC?

4411038-5793338346-13352.jpg

Next question, Bub.

Only a couple days left. Nobody else wants to win these games? To be clear, I don't really care which company you like more, so you can just make something up if you want a particular game. I just thought it would be more fun than saying "I want [this game.]" :P

Man where the peeps at? Mah brotha Venom giving a free game and not much people entering?! I'd feel bad entering because you give me games in the past, but I just want to show my appreciation of how much you do for the community. Marvel all the way for me for many reasons. Gather around children, let me tell ya a knightly story.

When I was a little boy, I didn't know much about super heroes and comics. I grew up whatever my dad showed me. My dad was a huge Incredible Hulk fan and he would talk about the history cuz he was the Hulk for Halloween as a kid. Painted himself green and wore ripped shorts. I loved hearing Hulk stories and how Banner isn't just some nerd. I discovered more Marvel stuff by watching Fox Kids Spider-Man and X-Men. At one point, I was Wolverine for Halloween wearing a toy mask and claw. Later on in life when my dad was in the Navy, he had a part time job working at a convenience store. Every once a while he would bring home the latest issue of a Marvel comic. Fantastic Four was the first Marvel comic I started collecting. Prior to that he'd get me the issues of Heroes Reborn: The Return which was a crazy arc back in 1997. Anyways I used to have every Fantastic Four issue until high school started. Sigh good ole days of comic fun. Just so much money to subscribe these days. I'd love to get back into buying comics. Marvel inspired me a lot throughout life.

I have the Hulk inside me in a way. I'm Banner outside and Hulk in the inside. When I get pissed, I really unleash my inner Hulk. It's rare to see me in Hulk form though. Only time I showed it was back in high school (almost fought someone) over someone being a bully calling names and shiz at my best friend lol. Another time is well mostly on the football field playing high school football.

Spider-Man was definitely my favorite hero after FF. With great power comes with great responsibility. I'd always do my best to use my power to help others and be there for them. Being that friendly neighborhood knight lol. I can be funny, dumb, and even make mistakes, but always find a way to fix them and have people/friends support me. I happened to have a Spider-Man letterman jacket as well lol.

Daredevil can't see and I can't hear well. We may have disabilities, but it doesn't stop us who we are. I kinda pulled a justice Daredevil move in middle school one time. This kid in my class came to my house one time and played with my toys. Then I ask him where did you put my Jurassic Park raptor toy. He said he threw it over there and I couldn't find it. LIAR! Next day he freakin showed my toy in class for show and tell. I was pretty pissed. So... it was assembly and we all have to go. I waited til all the students leave and I took my toy back secretly. We came back and he starts crying that his toy was gone. I smiled and pretended to comfort him. Never steal from me jerk. Even though I got it back, I felt a little bad about making him cry. Whatever. . .justice is served.

Well I'm getting tired typing more stories. Anyways Marvel is awesome because they make their movies and shows in the same universe. I also have a crush on Scarlett Johansson, mancrush on Evans/Hemsworth, oooh whatever I have a crush on everyone. Marvel knows what they're doing and how to treat us fans. 

I also have like a bunch of Marvel shirts and merchandises. Spider-Man poster on one wall, another Spider-Man poster on another wall, a Marvel poster on another wall, etc. If you ever like hang out with me, you'll see me wearing different Marvel shirts everyday lol.

I don't really want to win, but I just wanted to share you my life story lol.

If I do win, I'd like to donate the code to Make a Wish foundation in my name for the Marvel fans at any hospital or something cuz we are all heroes. I dunno. I'd like to give it to someone who really needs inspirational heroes in their lives.

Venom is a hero for having this giveaway. Wait no not just hero, but a Marvelous hero. Well maybe the best anti-hero cuz Venom rocks in Spider-Man. xD

TL;DR - Just read the last two paragraphs lol

• Like 2

It's not quite 3 yet, but I might as well do this now so I don't forget about it. :P

The winner of Lego Marvel Superheroes is...Ciel! And, running unopposed, the winner of Scribblenauts Unmasked is Jason! Congrats!

That's all for now, I'll try to have better prizes next time.

• Like 1

Oh no it's over! I had an epic story to tell that would leave you all on the edge of your seats! Oh well now you will never know.

I demand a recount!

I mean congrats Ciel and Jason.

• Like 1