HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Rumor: Microsoft Buying Silent Hills From Konami?

Well, this is an interesting rumor.

If it turns out to be true, I'm sure there are a ton of people who would probably buy an Xbox One just to play this, but we'll see. Honestly, I could see it happening since Microsoft loves to snatch up exclusives and pull trump cards on Sony when they can (tho Sony got them on Street Fighter V, so...).

What do you guys make of this? Would this make you want to buy an Xbox One if it does happen?

Unless they somehow manage to keep Kojima and Del Toro involved, I wouldn't be quite as excited about them saving it. I mean, it's still better than no Silent Hill (or mobile Silent Hill) but I doubt "Microsoft giving us lots of money" would be the kind of motivation the developers at Konami need right now to make the amazing game we thought we'd get.

That said, if it is true and the game does end up looking suitably spooky, it would certainly push me closer to buying an Xbox One.

Well, I dunno. I mean, I did buy a 360 to play Silent Hill: Homecoming back in the day, so maybe? If it is true, I really hope Microsoft doesn't ruin the franchise...

Well, I dunno. I mean, I did buy a 360 to play Silent Hill: Homecoming back in the day, so maybe? If it is true, I really hope Microsoft doesn't ruin the franchise...

Wait, wasn't Homecoming the one on Vita? Or was that Book of [something]?

Wait, wasn't Homecoming the one on Vita? Or was that Book of [something]?

Homecoming was the 5th one. Book of Memories was the Vita one.

If they do buy it and keep the original team and don't change anything I'll be happy.

I'm sure they intend this as a away to help sell the system. This could go both ways but if they get their own team and make it good (or at least the way the fans wanted it) then it definitely will give them something over Sony.