HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Ludono

E3 2015 Schedule and Community Predictions

Game Podunk Community E3 Prediction and Discussion Thread

That time of year is almost upon us, this year is looking to be chock full of announcements and reveals. Post your predictions and thoughts here!

Schedule

jIxN515.png

I'll keep a running list of predictions here if you guys want to compete and see who can get the most correct! GO~ 

Sony

Microsoft

Nintendo

EA

Ubisoft

Activision

Capcom

PREDICTIONS

TK

-The Last Guardian finally making an appearance (dreams will never die dang it!)
-There's bound to be a knight game or a game that has a knight character or knight class
-Half Life 3 (unlikely, but surprises can happen at any moment)
-Kingdom Hearts 3 previews, footage, trailer, etc.
-Final Fantasy XV stuff
-Star Ocean V
-barrel posting stuff about JRPG games
-Jason covering Nintendo
-Venom adores Ratchet and Clank
-Laddie's favorite moment is gonna be something about Uncharted 4 or Tomb Raider
-Chris and Jonathan's bet on Twitter
-Jordan is gonna have another amiibo E3 giveaway special
-Royzoga excited for a fightning game that could be announced
-Super Smash Wii U Character DLC reveal
-Splatoon announcements like new maps, weapons, events, etc. More modes please!
-I could go on, but want to let others predict as well. . . Ciel will be drunk about a game that excites him and gets hyped.
-Ubisoft's conference is gonna be funny with Aisha.

mr.me

-The Last Guardian gets a release date and gameplay footage
-Metroid U
-Paper Mario U
-New platformer from Sucker Punch(possibly Sly 5)
-LA Noire 2
-Quantic Dream's new game
-Eternal Darkness U
-The return of Kevin Butler

Khorne
-Dubstep

Jared
-Project Morpheus gets a price announcement, Sony will go cheap with it in an attempt to get a better foothold on the market. $200/$250 is what I'm guessing.
-The Last Guardian will appear because it has to. Everyone who disagrees can shut up and stop trying to kill my dreams! Surprise in the trailer will be Project Morpheus support. No idea how it would work, but that's just a crazy prediction.
-The ruse cruise pulls into port, Kojima reveals that he's still developing Silent Hills/PT. A new portion of PT is released for free on the playstation store.
  • Like 1

Some of my predictions. Long list of fun.

-The Last Guardian finally making an appearance (dreams will never die dang it!)

-There's bound to be a knight game or a game that has a knight character or knight class

-Half Life 3 (unlikely, but surprises can happen at any moment)

-Kingdom Hearts 3 previews, footage, trailer, etc.

-Final Fantasy XV stuff

-Star Ocean V

-barrel posting stuff about JRPG games

-Jason covering Nintendo

-Venom adores Ratchet and Clank

-Laddie's favorite moment is gonna be something about Uncharted 4 or Tomb Raider

-Chris and Jonathan's bet on Twitter

-Jordan is gonna have another amiibo E3 giveaway special

-Royzoga excited for a fightning game that could be announced

-Super Smash Wii U Character DLC reveal

-Splatoon announcements like new maps, weapons, events, etc. More modes please!

-I could go on, but want to let others predict as well. . . Ciel will be drunk about a game that excites him and gets hyped.

-Ubisoft's conference is gonna be funny with Aisha.

• Like 1

-The Last Guardian gets a release date and gameplay footage

-Metroid U

-Paper Mario U

-New platformer from Sucker Punch(possibly Sly 5)

-LA Noire 2

-Quantic Dream's new game

-Eternal Darkness U

-The return of Kevin Butler

I haven't been paying super close attention to the different companies as I've been too busy/I want to be surprised. But I have a few off the wall predictions.

Project Morpheus gets a price announcement, Sony will go cheap with it in an attempt to get a better foothold on the market. $200/$250 is what I'm guessing.

The Last Guardian will appear because it has to. Everyone who disagrees can shut up and stop trying to kill my dreams! Surprise in the trailer will be Project Morpheus support. No idea how it would work, but that's just a crazy prediction.

The ruse cruise pulls into port, Kojima reveals that he's still developing Silent Hills/PT. A new portion of PT is released for free on the playstation store.

I haven't been paying super close attention to the different companies as I've been too busy/I want to be surprised. But I have a few off the wall predictions.

Project Morpheus gets a price announcement, Sony will go cheap with it in an attempt to get a better foothold on the market. $200/$250 is what I'm guessing.

The Last Guardian will appear because it has to. Everyone who disagrees can shut up and stop trying to kill my dreams! Surprise in the trailer will be Project Morpheus support. No idea how it would work, but that's just a crazy prediction.

The ruse cruise pulls into port, Kojima reveals that he's still developing Silent Hills/PT. A new portion of PT is released for free on the playstation store.

I definitely feel like this is the year where we'll hear something about The Last Guardian. It's getting to the point where they need to say something; they need to show us something and not just say it's still in development. Restore fan's faith in the game and such.

TK, I'd say the likelihood of Uncharted 4 impressing the heck out of me is very good!

I also think the Last Guardian will make an appearance but I wonder if after this long the game will be able to live up to the hype it's mysterious status has generated. I read somewhere recently that it was rumored Mark Cerny was helping finish The Last Guardian.

Compared to Microsoft Sony has been very quiet with pre-E3 announcements so I think they have a few big things to unleash at E3. I can't imagine what they are but obviously Guerilla games will have something. Earlier in the year it was rumored they were working on a new IP and released a screenshot from Killzone ShadowFall that was supposed to contain a hint of their next project widely believed to be called Horizon. I'd like to see a release date for No Man's Sky and hope it is released this year.

A few of my predictions, or wishful thinking.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 will have some kind of exclusive deal with Sony instead of Microsoft.

MediEvil 3 is actually a thing...I just can't give up the dream.

A new God of War will be announced without Kratos as the main character.

Valve shocks all by not only announcing Half Life 3 but Portal 3 as well.

And finally, a new Crash Bandicoot game is announced as a PS4 exclusive!

• Like 2

I say for all those that is predicting about The Last Guardian. If it makes an appearance, it'll still be delayed for another few years.

I say for all those that is predicting about The Last Guardian. If it makes an appearance, it'll still be delayed for another few years.

I agree but Sony really does need to make a strong showing at E3 this year and I think we'll at least hear a mention of The Last Guardian. I also think if we don't see any actual gameplay from the Last Guardian soon, the game is doomed or has been canceled. How long ago was it first shown, 8 years ago?

I agree but Sony really does need to make a strong showing at E3 this year and I think we'll at least hear a mention of The Last Guardian. I also think if we don't see any actual gameplay from the Last Guardian soon, the game is doomed or has been canceled. How long ago was it first shown, 8 years ago?

I feel though that any of these company can make a strong showing by giving us what we want or at least show footage of what we want so that we know they are even thinking of it. But whether not it will ever be released is another story.

I agree that they need to show The Last Guardian; I'd like to think Sony (and more specifically, Shuhei Yoshida) is pretty smart, so they know they're going to have to show fans footage of the game and reassure them that it exists the moment they have stuff that's absolutely worth showing off. And like you mentioned, they need a strong showing to keep people behind PS4.

If they don't show or say anything about it, I'm not sure it means it's so much as cancelled as it is ultimately doomed. Every year that goes by without them saying anything other than that it's still in the works is a year that more and more people lose faith in the game. They've got to say something substantial soon or just pull the plug altogether; everyone is tired of not hearing anything at all for so long.

I agree that they need to show The Last Guardian; I'd like to think Sony (and more specifically, Shuhei Yoshida) is pretty smart, so they know they're going to have to show fans footage of the game and reassure them that it exists the moment they have stuff that's absolutely worth showing off. And like you mentioned, they need a strong showing to keep people behind PS4.

If they don't show or say anything about it, I'm not sure it means it's so much as cancelled as it is ultimately doomed. Every year that goes by without them saying anything other than that it's still in the works is a year that more and more people lose faith in the game. They've got to say something substantial soon or just pull the plug altogether; everyone is tired of not hearing anything at all for so long.

LAST GUARDIAN HYPE

I don't know, it's kind of a running thing now. They could tease it again just for the hell of it and people would still go wild xD

Sony could also just tease a FF7 remake and they will have plenty of people jumping on board too.

Sony could also just tease a FF7 remake and they will have plenty of people jumping on board too.

There are rumors circulating that that just might happen this time. Who knows. I'm not sure I buy it (especially after that huge troll with the FF7 port at the PlayStation Experience event earlier this year), but I guess anything is possible. -_-

Oh God Square better not tease us again like that. It made me mad. Honestly a remake would've been exciting back then, but now I feel like it's overdone or something. I'd still be happy for it, but the feeling of excitement would dumb down lol. Anyways making another prediction before the start of EA, Ubisoft, and Sony conference.

EA-Mass Effect 4 reveal or some sort of footage, gameplay, or development. I don't want another Battlefield game, but do want another Bad Company game (would be a great unexpected surprise lol).
Ubisoft-Maybe a surprise new Prince of Persia or sequel to Stick of Truth. Aisha announced Archer game lmao.

Sony-Same as before with KH, FFXV, etc. Now for unexpected I'd like to see Xenogears/Chrono Trigger/FFVII remake or maybe even new Mana/Nier game lol.

Anyways good stuff going on today and looking forward to more excitement at E3.

• Like 1

There are rumors circulating that that just might happen this time. Who knows. I'm not sure I buy it (especially after that huge troll with the FF7 port at the PlayStation Experience event earlier this year), but I guess anything is possible. -_-

There wasn't much to be based on the trailer that you posted Jason. Outside of the guy seem like he confirmed they will make it. So sure we know it is on the back burner somewhere. It always has been. They know it will be a cash grab and it is just a matter of time when they give in to make one. Now the wait to see when it comes out.

There wasn't much to be based on the trailer that you posted Jason. Outside of the guy seem like he confirmed they will make it. So sure we know it is on the back burner somewhere. It always has been. They know it will be a cash grab and it is just a matter of time when they give in to make one. Now the wait to see when it comes out.

Man, I have to imagine we won't see it until 2017 or 2018 at the very earliest. And even then, I dunno; could be even longer than that. o_o

I have to say it... Nintendo's E3 sucked. The only new announcements for Wii U were Mario Tennis and some Animal Crossing Amiibo party crap? Really?

It would be really nice to have a link to a place I can watch E3. I have looked up and down the internet and can't find anything but videos of everything I have missed no live events. I have not seen anything of E3 so far and it is annoying me. GIVE ME A DANG LINK and correct time of when things are on. Every place I look at say oh Nintendo is at 9 AM but it's 4 AM and I have already missed it.

It would be really nice to have a link to a place I can watch E3. I have looked up and down the internet and can't find anything but videos of everything I have missed no live events. I have not seen anything of E3 so far and it is annoying me. GIVE ME A DANG LINK and correct time of when things are on. Every place I look at say oh Nintendo is at 9 AM but it's 4 AM and I have already missed it.

http://www.gamespot.com/

Scroll down a little, there is a list on the right with links.

I am satisfied with some of my predictions being right. So glad a game featuring knights will happen. For Honor! xD

TK, another prediction you nailed was that Uncharted 4 blew me away...it looks fantastic! It has also made me more excited for the Nathan Drake collection, I'm looking forward to playing them again before Uncharted 4 gets released. Sure, I can do that now on the PS3 but I want to play them using the Dualshock 4. The controller is such an improvement over any other Dualshock, it's almost painful to use the Dualshock 3.

I have to say the other game that I'm salivating over is Doom. I was nervous the reboot would either move in a direction not flattering to the series or rely to much on the past to compete with today's FPS standards. In the end I think Doom will satisfy both old and new fans alike.

• Like 1

TK, another prediction you nailed was that Uncharted 4 blew me away...it looks fantastic! It has also made me more excited for the Nathan Drake collection, I'm looking forward to playing them again before Uncharted 4 gets released. Sure, I can do that now on the PS3 but I want to play them using the Dualshock 4. The controller is such an improvement over any other Dualshock, it's almost painful to use the Dualshock 3.

I have to say the other game that I'm salivating over is Doom. I was nervous the reboot would either move in a direction not flattering to the series or rely to much on the past to compete with today's FPS standards. In the end I think Doom will satisfy both old and new fans alike.

Aye Laddie you're gonna love this. This was spotted in the E3 demo!

P7Ux1Wu.jpg

• Like 1

Aye Laddie you're gonna love this. This was spotted in the E3 demo!

Man, people must've replayed that video over and over in order to spot that, haha. Pretty cool easter egg, though! I love it when people discover stuff like that. :lol:

• Like 1

I watched the E3 demo several times and didn't notice that. I would be highly disappointed if Elena didn't show up in Uncharted 4. Thanks for sharing TK!

Jason, I still can't believe you have never played any of the Uncharted games. I've personally loved all three of them although I think Uncharted 2 is my favorite.

• Like 1