HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Help GP Out By Giving Your Opinion on E3 Coverage

Heyo,

So E3 is this week. Yay! Hopefully we'll get a lot of cool announcements that we'll all be able to gush over and fantasize about over the next week. But my question to you is, what kind of content are you most interested in reading here?

There are certain things we'll definitely cover, but chances are you'll hear most, if not every announcement elsewhere, so I'm wondering how viable it is to cover most information at all. Are you still interested in reading about it here? Would you check out our articles as a recap, or just to see if there are any details you missed from the initial announcement?

Or are you mostly just interested in forum discussion about games and announcements? If you let us know what you're interested in here, that'll help us determine what kind of coverage to post. So for example, if everyone here mostly is just interested in forum discussion and don't really care about news articles, perhaps we'll focus mainly on creating new threads to discuss these things while covering only some of the biggest news, as well as our own opinions on some of the biggest developments.

So please, let us know what you think below and what you're most interested in regarding the above, and a big thanks in advance!

Dang another E3 thread!? Lol jk Jason. I used to like having separate threads for conferences back then, but it would be too much to follow so maybe just stick to one "E3 2015 Thread" for discussions. I know you guys will put out a lot of articles and stuff on the front page. I have some ideas what you guys should do.

-Just keep a simplified E3 discussion thread. No clutter or lots of different ones since it might be tough to follow.

-I'd be fine with articles. Maybe someone will do One big announcement article for each conference. 3 articles-Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

-When E3 is finished then we can start diff threads like fave moments, announcements, games, previews, etc.

It's gonna be a hectic busy week for you guys to post. Just don't overwork yourself too much and enjoy E3 week. :D

Dang another E3 thread!? Lol jk Jason. I used to like having separate threads for conferences back then, but it would be too much to follow so maybe just stick to one "E3 2015 Thread" for discussions. I know you guys will put out a lot of articles and stuff on the front page. I have some ideas what you guys should do.

-Just keep a simplified E3 discussion thread. No clutter or lots of different ones since it might be tough to follow.

-I'd be fine with articles. Maybe someone will do One big announcement article for each conference. 3 articles-Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

-When E3 is finished then we can start diff threads like fave moments, announcements, games, previews, etc.

It's gonna be a hectic busy week for you guys to post. Just don't overwork yourself too much and enjoy E3 week. :D

To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure how much E3 coverage we'll be able to provide this year, simply because we have less staff to work with and such. Marcus will be at the show but is there courtesy of another site. Jonathan and Leah will be there, but probably won't be getting articles up until after the show is over. I'm mostly left with Barrel, Chris, Jordan, and maybe Ludo to help if they can.

I'll try to do some articles when I can, but the point of this was to figure out how best to use my time, since I'd rather not write up articles of stuff if no one is really that interested in reading them or commenting on them here if they already know about it elsewhere. Also, sorry if this comes across as jaded to anyone who's reading this; that's not my intention at all. Just trying to figure out how best to use my time is all. ;)

Anyhoo, a few more things -

Unless Barrel, Chris, Jordan, or Ludo is interested in doing it, it's unlikely that we'll have recap threads for Nintendo, Sony, MS, etc. as those take a ton of time to do. This year I'm more interested in just covering individual news in a quicker fashion, unless it turns out people would rather have the recap threads.

A simplified discussion thread may be tough, because there's so much to talk about. It could work if the topic is just kept to thoughts about E3 overall, but I could easily see it being hijacked as a discussion mostly about one or two certain things (like FallOut 4 or some other big game), and those are better served in their own topics, I think.

Thanks for your thoughts, though, TK! Hopefully others will weigh in on this as well.

I'm old....I don't want to sit and watch endless hours or chatter and read novels explaining it. Just simple small updates like those mini game reviews Venom did. Just give us a picture/video of the big games and tech announced and a small bit of info about it and that's all I need.

• Like 1

To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure how much E3 coverage we'll be able to provide this year, simply because we have less staff to work with and such. Marcus will be at the show but is there courtesy of another site. Jonathan and Leah will be there, but probably won't be getting articles up until after the show is over. I'm mostly left with Barrel, Chris, Jordan, and maybe Ludo to help if they can.

The dirty leftovers eh? xD

Aren't Jonathan and Leah doing daily recaps or something? I know they can't do the minute by minute coverage that other sites do but still.

I'll try to do some articles when I can, but the point of this was to figure out how best to use my time, since I'd rather not write up articles of stuff if no one is really that interested in reading them or commenting on them here if they already know about it elsewhere. Also, sorry if this comes across as jaded to anyone who's reading this; that's not my intention at all. Just trying to figure out how best to use my time is all. 

Well, I've just been posting brief blurbs on stuff that's interested me so far rather than doing "official" posts. I figure everyone's already heard about it anyway but it would still be nice to have a discussion about the news if it's something cool. I definitely get how you feel though, so many times I've asked if someone has heard about X thing that got announced at Y event and they'll be like "Oh I saw that AGES ago on Twitter/Elsewhere" (And by ages they mean minutes/hours).

Unless Barrel, Chris, Jordan, or Ludo is interested in doing it, it's unlikely that we'll have recap threads for Nintendo, Sony, MS, etc. as those take a ton of time to do. This year I'm more interested in just covering individual news in a quicker fashion, unless it turns out people would rather have the recap threads.

I'll do a Sony Recap as that's the presser that interests me the most and the one I'm definitely going to try and catch. You should do the Nintendo one Jason, it's your forte! Microsoft I've already done, see below

-Sports

-Halo

-TV

-Call of Duty

-TV

A simplified discussion thread may be tough, because there's so much to talk about. It could work if the topic is just kept to thoughts about E3 overall, but I could easily see it being hijacked as a discussion mostly about one or two certain things (like FallOut 4 or some other big game), and those are better served in their own topics, I think.

Yeah, that thread I made about community predictions was basically just that, predictions. In terms of discussion it's probably easier  to have separate threads for major topics/games. We could maybe have them split by company or such (Such as a Nintendo discussion thread or whatnot)

It's fine if you guys are busy and can't get something big together. Sometimes I don't have time to read all the big post any ways. You can probably just list out the games they are announcing and that should be good enough for me. I just want to know what they plan on bringing out. It isn't like I will wait to buy them at $60 so even if I don't hear about it I can live.

Наша корпорация всегда готова предоставить услуги по реконструкции и очистки водопроводов современным способом гидродинамической прочистки на новейшем парке оборудования. Применение подобного технологии гарантирует возобновление функций стальных труб к исходному уровню, становятся меньше затраты электричества на 20процентов, повышается назначенный срок работы трубопровода на двадцать лет до капитального ремонта, увеличиваются интервалы между профилактическим сервисом.
Осуществляем любые работы, например:
Перекачка сложных жидкостей- перекачки воды и др. жидкостей на большие расстояния.

В связи с чем избирают нашу фирму?
Огромный стаж работы - более сотни настроенных очистных сооружений в Нашем государстве и за её пределами, присутствие всех без исключения разрешения и лицензий на осуществление строительно-монтажных и технологических работ, разработка и конструирование экологического, безопасного, энергосберегающего, очень эфективного промышленного оборудования, послегарантийное обслуживание, высококлассный и серьезный коллектив.

Устранение засоров скважин : увеличение производительности артезианских скважин