HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Does the reveal of The Last Guardian, FFVII remake, and Shenmue III give you hope that Half-Life 3 will be announced at some point?

Here's an interesting question for you that just came to me earlier - like the title says, does the reveal of The Last Guardian, FFVII remake, and Shenmue III give you hope that Half-Life 3 will be announced at some point?

Before E3, I would be content to tell you that Half-Life 3 will probably never happen, if only because Valve doesn't need it to anymore (they make enough from Steam), and that expectations probably will outstrip what the final product is if it does happen.

But now, something about those reveals makes me think that we could see HL3 at some point. I dunno if it'll be this year, next year, or even in 2017, but I have to think Valve will pull of the same big surprise at some point before 2020.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

In Valve time it has only been like a month since the last HL2 episode, so give it some time.

I'm sure it will be announced one day. The question should really be when do you think it will be released?

Final Fantasy VII (7) minus Shenmue III (3) minus The Last Guardian (1) equals 3 so that means Half-Life 3 will indeed happen, but dunno when. It has to be released in a year that has 3's or something. Let's see 2016.....2+0+1+6 equals 9 which is a multiple of 3. 2017 no cuz add them together it isn't a multiple of 3. Also it will probably be released on the 3rd month, 3rd day, on the 3rd week. Gaben needs to be 50 years old when this game comes out because half of 100 is 50..but then he's 52 so that's debunked. Other than that there are mysterious ways that Half-Life 3 can be released. My nonsense talk is dumb..

Anyways glad those games are coming out and looking forward to eventual release of Half-Life 3. I think Gaben's plan is to release the game in a year where we are desperate for a good game. Half-Life 3 will be that game to save us. I believe it will be announced next year or 2019 cuz 2+0+1+9 equals 12 which is a multiple of 3. Following that, the next year would be 2022, 2025, 2028, every 3 years with multiples of 3, etc.

• Like 1

In Valve time it has only been like a month since the last HL2 episode, so give it some time.

It's crazy to look back now and see that people used to think the wait from HL1 to HL2 was a long wait.

I'm sure it will be announced one day. The question should really be when do you think it will be released?

Sometime before 2020 for sure. After that point, I think Valve risks people mostly forgetting or giving up on it.

Final Fantasy VII (7) minus Shenmue III (3) minus The Last Guardian (1) equals 3 so that means Half-Life 3 will indeed happen, but dunno when. It has to be released in a year that has 3's or something. Let's see 2016.....2+0+1+6 equals 9 which is a multiple of 3. 2017 no cuz add them together it isn't a multiple of 3. Also it will probably be released on the 3rd month, 3rd day, on the 3rd week. Gaben needs to be 50 years old when this game comes out because half of 100 is 50..but then he's 52 so that's debunked. Other than that there are mysterious ways that Half-Life 3 can be released. My nonsense talk is dumb..

The more you talk about it, the more inclined I am to believe that Valve will get in on some cryptic messaging about the HL3 release date, only because it's become such an internet meme by now. :P

• Like 1

I feel like the longer that we go without Valve giving us a series with a third numbered entry, the more likely it is that we get a repeat of The Orange Box. If we go another year or two without hearing anything, I feel like it's possible that we get Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Team Fortress 3 premium in some sort of bundle. Then again, I could just have far too much faith in Valve and we'll never get anything besides DoTA and TF2 updates at all.

• Like 1

It's crazy to look back now and see that people used to think the wait from HL1 to HL2 was a long wait.

Sometime before 2020 for sure. After that point, I think Valve risks people mostly forgetting or giving up on it.

The more you talk about it, the more inclined I am to believe that Valve will get in on some cryptic messaging about the HL3 release date, only because it's become such an internet meme by now. :P

Hey Jason I gave more thoughts about future release so..

Half-Life released in 1998

Half-Life 2 released in 2004

Half-Life 2: Episode One released in 2006

Half-Life 2: Episode Two released in 2007

1st game and 2nd game have a 5 year gap in between (99-03)

2nd game and 3rd game have a year gap in between (05-06)

3rd and 4th game have no gap in between.

Add 5+1+0=6 which is a multiple of 3. Interesting that it equals 6 so there's a chance for a 2016 release like I stated in previous post. This is totally interesting thought.

In case my math is wrong and if it's 6 year gap, 2 year gap, and 1 year gap that means 6+2+1=9 which of course is multiple of 3 and equaling 9 so release could possibly in 2019 as well.

Ok another theory

Half-Life 3. 8 letters, a dash, and number 3. 8+1+3=12.  Backwards of that could the release date which is 12/3/18? This could make sense because Half-Life was released in 1998. 2018 would be the 20th Anniversary year.

Anyways it's just mind boggling that there so many fan theories of when the game is released. Pretty sure the number 3 has to do something with it, but then it could be used to throw us off. I assume the hint could be in the title, year, or number of certain things that needed to be mathematically figured out. 

Interesting stuff indeed. If they want to reveal this, it would def be at E3, but Valve would definitely need their own conference to do this otherwise Sony or Microsoft would be the one. I'd preferably want Valve to reveal it.

Maybe then HL 3 will be released year 3333 :).

• Like 1

They can't even get the gun balance right in CSGO, so even if they do end up making HL3, it probably won't be very good. 

They can't even get the gun balance right in CSGO, so even if they do end up making HL3, it probably won't be very good. 

If they make HL 3 and make you drive that boat thing again, please make it easier. I am terrible with that thing on HL 2.