HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

barrel

How many PS+ games do you actually play?

If at all?

I don't sub to PS+ too much during the year but even for the months that I do I rarely feel compelled to dabble with many of the games I get for it. With the exception of maybe Ground Zeroes I've probably only really messed with most PS+ stuff as like 15 minute curiosities (granted.... for Unfinished Swan it was because it didn't auto-save when I thought it would've...). I guess the inherent problem with me and using PS+ is that I generally get the games I'm interested in before they hit the service.

To repeat the title again though... how many PS+ games do you personally actually play? Like, do you try to be active with the new games that are added to the service?

The only game I'd gotten from PS+ that I was actually trying to be vigilant in playing over the last year was Ico. Other than that, I really hadn't been keeping up with anything else, which is why I let my sub lapse in July (that, and I need to conserve some money for the meantime).

I'll probably resub at some point, especially when I get a PS4, but I'm content not having it for the time being.

I doubt I played most PS+ games for more than 30 minutes or an hour or so, with the exception of some I played for mulitplayer like Dragon's Crown. I guess if a game didn't have a reason to play it with other people, I pretty much never touched it, lol. I'm also like barrel in that I already owned a lot of things I wanted to play before they were on PS+. I don't think a single month went by that I didn't already have at least one of the PS4 games on offer, though things were better with PS3 and Vita...which I play a lot less than PS4. :\

I play many of the bigger games, especially when they interest me and I didn't already own it.  Sherlock, VLR would be good examples.

I generally do not bother with most of the indie games offered through the program.

Honestly, not that many anymore. Since I made the switch to almost exclusively using my PS4 as my Sony console, even the PS3 PS+ games go widely ignored. Sure, I still 'purchase' them, or in the PS4's case, add them to my library, but that's okay with me. How I like at it, I'm paying $50 a year for a grab bag of games. Some of them might be good, some might be terrible, and some might be one of the biggest things to explode in competitive gaming in the past year-- like Rocket League. It's hard not to use that game as a justification for this year, honestly. Furthermore, it's probably easier to justify PS+ for PS4 users than any other Sony gaming device. Though, let's see...

This month was actually pretty great in my opinion too. We got Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Limbo on PS4 which I may replay cuz that game is awesome, Sound Shapes for anyone that didn't bother getting it before, and while not the most impressive in the series, God of War Ascension was a nifty addition. I can't say I'm too familiar with the other two, sadly. 

Eh I play like 50% of them, 20% of them more than an hour I'd say...but I still feels its worth it :P

Some of them might be good, some might be terrible, and some might be one of the biggest things to explode in competitive gaming in the past year-- like Rocket League. It's hard not to use that game as a justification for this year, honestly.

Did you try that game out yet? I'm pretty curious about it; it's a shame I let my PS+ sub lapse before I could get that. But then again, I still need a PS4 to play it, ha.

Seems like something that would make a good GP game night game.

Did you try that game out yet? I'm pretty curious about it; it's a shame I let my PS+ sub lapse before I could get that. But then again, I still need a PS4 to play it, ha.

Did you get my message about the PS+ for 40? http://slickdeals.net/f/8045045-playstation-plus-12-month-membership-card-40-free-shipping?v=1

Yes, Rocket League is amazing. It'd be great for any time of game night. However, that'd also mean getting people together for a game night, haha.