HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
barrel

Guitar Hero Live or Rock Band 4... do you care?

I know most people have had some experience with either series, and probably rather positive, simply because they were that popular. That said, the developers and publishers beat both of those series into a ground and deservedly killed their franchises for a good few years. Now that they are back are you excited about their new adaptations?

I never really played either series outside of a group environment, so I can't say hearing that they are back brings any strong feelings for me. I always liked Rock Band more, mainly because of the song selection and it doing the group play thing 1st, but... otherwise it is kind of neither here nor there for me (also, getting three other people to play local multiplayer... not as easy as you are older, as it turns out.).

I feel the same way; I'm a bit indifferent to it, but I know they'll be super fun to play in group settings. But I suppose I'm looking more forward to it than I would if it had come out a few years ago.

I've never been the one to buy each game in the series either; I usually leave that to one of my friends, ha. Also, yeah, ditto on what you mentioned about getting three other people together to play as you get older being tough.

I never really got into either. I do have Guitar Hero when it was like $25 at blockbuster with the guitar but it is still unopened. I even have these games on my list to get but never really got around to buying them. I think at this point I probably won't really pick it up ever. Might play it at a friend place if they have it but that's about it.

I'll get Rock Band 4 most likely :)

Yeah, if I get either, it'd be Rock Band 4, haha. I don't have that much loyalty to Guitar Hero, plus RB is generally seen as the better brand, I find. xD

I never played either and never thought they looked particularly fun. This will just be another release I ignore and forget even exists.

I never played either and never thought they looked particularly fun. This will just be another release I ignore and forget even exists.

Yea, when I played them I thought it was okay but nothing super fun. But I barely played much though so I couldn't get into it. Maybe not the game for me.

I've pretty much migrated over to the Rocksmith series, simply because it actually uses a real guitar and legitimately teaches me how to play. That said, I still had loads of fun playing both Guitar Hero and Rock Band games (not to mention Rocksmith doesn't have drums), so I'd be lying if I said I'm not interested in either of the new ones. I might pick up Rock Band 4, since I've grown to appreciate that series more, but we'll see. What sucks is that there's no Wii U version of the game, because they said the game would be compatible with the last-gen instruments, and since the instruments I own are for the Wii, I'd have to buy brand new ones. Of course, Guitar Hero Live doesn't support old instruments, since they've decided to go with a brand new guitar design, so either way, I'd have to buy a bundle just to play either game. And with that being the case, I'll probably hold off on getting back into the two series for a while.