HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

McWhopper - would you want try one?

Thought this was kind of interesting.

Burger King“s mascot, “The Burger King,é is seeking a truce, albeit temporary, with Ronald McDonald.

In full-page ads running in The New York Times and The Chicago Tribune on Wednesday, Burger King, a perennial also-ran in the burger races, has asked McDonald“s, its battered but still potent archrival, to join forces.

The goal? To operate one restaurant for one day staffed by employees of both companies and selling a burger called the McWhopper, a blend of the Big Mac and the Whopper, the best-selling burgers at McDonald“s and Burger King.

Sales proceeds would be donated to Peace One Day, a nonprofit group seeking to raise awareness of the International Day of Peace, which was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1981 for the opening of its annual meeting.

The United Nations later set Sept. 21 as the day to celebrate world peace, and Burger King proposes opening the pop-up store on that day in a parking lot between a McDonald“s and a Burger King in Atlanta.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/26/business/media/burger-king-to-mcdonalds-lets-make-a-mcwhopper.html?_r=0

Ultimately, McDonalds kind of shot it down without saying "no" directly, but I'm not too surprised by that.

Still, would've been interesting to see what would've happened had they gotten together for the first time to make a hamburger like that. Kind of sucks that it would've been exclusive to that one spot in Atlanta though; I'm betting it was an experiment to see how well it sold. If it sold amazingly, then both stores would share the rights to selling it for a limited time or something.

I'm not a huge Burger King fan (probably prefer McDonalds), but admittedly I'd be curious to try such a thing.

Would you have wanted to try the McWhopper? xD

I have a bottomless pit in my stomach so I can eat anything. I, too haven't had BK in long time. I'm usually cheap so I eat Taco Bell lol. Anyways easy answer. Yes I would eat it. Food is all about exotic taste or something. . . . .Also If Venom can eat McRibs then he can eat this too.

Also...BK wants to start a truce huh...what if it's a trap?! Like these gifs below?!

BurgerKing27in.gifc76c0e7898e333727c99c54bf7736793.gifc8h5Mf.gif0dde96be354f92a72de27c8908fde14f.gif

• Like 1

I don't think either are particularly good anymore. I prefer Burger King for a hamburger joint but I do like McDonald's for like milkshakes and such (which have gotten much better in the past couple years.). As a novelty I'd try it out, assuming they didn't limit it to just Atlanta, but like... I don't think either of their signatures burgers are that noteworthy.

To be honest, I can count the number of times I've eaten a Whopper in my life on one hand. Probably 2 or three fingers, in fact. But I can see where the appeal of BK's hamburgers lies, especially with them being charbroiled. But yeah, I agree with Barrel in that neither hamburger is particularly noteworthy.

I prefer Burger King for a hamburger joint but I do like McDonald's for like milkshakes and such (which have gotten much better in the past couple years.).

I actually don't think I've tried their milkshakes lately, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they've gotten better. Especially now, with the whole McCafe thing going on, they probably have much better machines for making milkshakes in addition to frappes and such.

I mostly eat at Jack in the Box, In'N'Out, and Carl's Jr for burgers. As for shakes haven't had any in long time. When it comes to shakes I look for happy hour. I believe Sonics have something with shakes or smoothies for happy hour.

For McDonalds I always go for the McDoubles or McChickens cuz they're cheap. BK here and there when they have the two for 5 deal. I remember getting the King burger and the burger that's like the hot dog length bun thing.

I never tried the Whopper but have eaten Big Mac before. It isn't anything special to be honest. This wouldn't be anything that I will be like "I must try this rarity."

Yo! We don't have to wait for the McWhopper and we can just make one ourselves lol.

I'd try it, sure. Not that I'm a real big fast food fan these days due to staying healthy and all that. I do eat at both places from time to time, and I would be curious to see how it is. Also, it's for a good cause.

The charity aspect is nice, but I understand why McDonald's would stray away from this plan.  I doubt they could handle all of the comments about how good those burgers are when all they do is substitute BK's beef for McD's "beef."

I don't think so... What would it be a double whopper with an extra piece of bread and special sauce? I would rather just have a double whopper.

I'm not a fan of the Big Mac. But I do like the Whopper. So I'd be on the fence to try it out. I mean, it was to be for a charity which is nice. But ugh... Don't think that burger would be all that good.