HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Fallout Shelter  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played Fallout Shelter?

• Yes, and I love it!
    • Yeah, and I guess it's alright.
    • I have, but I just can't get into it.
    • No, but I plan to.
    • No, and I have no plans to.

Has anyone else become addicted to this game? I'm not really that into mobile games, but I have to say, Fallout Shelter is one of those that just sucks you in and doesn't let go. Like other mobile games I actually enjoy, I'm sure I'll probably get tired of it. But for now, I think it's fun. Also, it's Fallout.

Had a few times when I had enough people to run everything efficiently and all the people the radio brought in had bad stats. Which basically means I was stuck in some kinda end game where I didn't need more people to run my vault, so I was kinda burning out on it at that point. I did keep playing and just ended up throwing people in the training rooms so I had something for them to do.

I stopped playing after a group of Deathclaws attacked, because getting my guards to chase them around the vault was so dumb and I just couldn't be bothered firing up the creepy breeding engine that game encourages you to have to replenish my vault. So I am back to listening to history podcasts on the bus ride, find it better than forcing all my female vault dwellers to breed with the one dude who has good stats though.

Nah, I haven't touched it. I've heard you have to be really active with the game otherwise... everything dies, which does not interest me in the slightest as a mobile game (even with Fallout tied to it.)

I've yet to try this out but I've been meaning to. I just need to get a memory card for my phone, which I keep forgetting to do.

From what I hear, it's pretty addicting, which is good to hear.

I think we have very different opinions on if addiction is a good thing...

I've tried it once during road trip home from Michigan. I def need to play more of it, but lately focus more on backlog of games. From what I've played it once, it's really fun and you gotta take care and watch closely to your dwellers.

Had a few times when I had enough people to run everything efficiently and all the people the radio brought in had bad stats. Which basically means I was stuck in some kinda end game where I didn't need more people to run my vault, so I was kinda burning out on it at that point. I did keep playing and just ended up throwing people in the training rooms so I had something for them to do.

I stopped playing after a group of Deathclaws attacked, because getting my guards to chase them around the vault was so dumb and I just couldn't be bothered firing up the creepy breeding engine that game encourages you to have to replenish my vault. So I am back to listening to history podcasts on the bus ride, find it better than forcing all my female vault dwellers to breed with the one dude who has good stats though.

Yeah, that's the problem I have, and I'm sure many others have. It's like, you don't want more people because not only do you not NEED them, but you also don't want to constantly burn through your resources. I had to start a new game because I learned the hard way. I'm doing a lot better now. My resources are always maxed, I have only enough people in my vault to work in each place without people just chilling, and I got some cool things from lunchboxes I won via completing objectives, such as Aaron Hart, who had really good stats and a rare outfit that increased those stats.

I was actually wondering... Does incest happen in this game? I would imagine that eventually, family members might end up mating with each other :/

Nah, I haven't touched it. I've heard you have to be really active with the game otherwise... everything dies, which does not interest me in the slightest as a mobile game (even with Fallout tied to it.)

Not necessarily, as far as I know. Perhaps if you let someone explore the Wasteland and then not come back for a while, they might die since they do lose health along the way, but even then, you could pay a little to revive them. Otherwise, you really don't have to play it all that much. I play it before work, go work for a few hours, get back and play for a minute just to check up on things and gather resources while I'm on break, go back to work for a few hours, get back and play for a few minutes, then go do something else. And nothing has died so far.

I've yet to try this out but I've been meaning to. I just need to get a memory card for my phone, which I keep forgetting to do.

Yeah, it's addicting, but not to the point of playing it for long periods of time. Which is good. It's a nice balance.

I've tried it once during road trip home from Michigan. I def need to play more of it, but lately focus more on backlog of games. From what I've played it once, it's really fun and you gotta take care and watch closely to your dwellers.

Yeah, it's entertaining. And it's also a decent thinking game. Requires some strategy.

Yeah, that's the problem I have, and I'm sure many others have. It's like, you don't want more people because not only do you not NEED them, but you also don't want to constantly burn through your resources. I had to start a new game because I learned the hard way. I'm doing a lot better now. My resources are always maxed, I have only enough people in my vault to work in each place without people just chilling, and I got some cool things from lunchboxes I won via completing objectives, such as Aaron Hart, who had really good stats and a rare outfit that increased those stats.

I was actually wondering... Does incest happen in this game? I would imagine that eventually, family members might end up mating with each other :/

Immediate family, no.  They will sit in the room and say "I like hanging out with family."

I started playing with the android release.... I'll drop some photos of my vault sometime today or tomorrow :)

So.. I destroyed much of my vault in hopes of rebuilding a more organized vault.....

Then I decided that it would require entirely too much effort... so I rebuilt most of the rooms and working on the upgrades.

My Vault: 

gallery_30_10_498797.png

I also have some GP people, but after they hit puberty most just started chilling out in the arcade.  Jason and Barrel spend most of their time playing the world's worst card game while they tell Knock Knock jokes.  

gallery_30_10_12161.png

Venom spends most of his time in the wasteland.   

• Like 1

Dayum John you've been working hard. Makes me want to try the game, but backlog of games I work on. I love that you got me a knight armor too. Was it hard to find the clothing for characters or you can buy them? I'd love to have you do a blog or something on this vault's life story on everyone. :D

The clothing can be found in the wasteland or 'bought' in the lunchbox blind box.  I had to sideload the game on my phone, so I do not have the option to purchase lunchboxes.  You can, however, earn lunchboxes on occasion. 

I have like 20 people who spend their time as item mules, hunting in the wasteland.  They are spending about 2 days in exploration mode and 1 day for the return trip.  Most of the level 50s have maxed out (or near max) luck and will bring me back 5-6 blues and around 8k in caps.  The knight armor was a blue.

I'm not sure you'd want to read about anything I've done in this vault.  I've done some pretty evil overseer, despite the current dwellers appearing happy.