HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Watchu Buyin'? September 2015 Edition

Admittedly, I'm a little late with this one, but this September has some pretty big releases.

9/1 - Mad Max (PS4, XBO)

9/1 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, XBO, PC)

9/8 - Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

9/11 - Super Mario Maker (Wii U)

9/15 - Destiny: The Taken King (PS4, XBO, PS3, X360)

9/15 - Forza Motorsport 6 (XBO)

9/20 - Skylanders: Superchargers (everything)

9/22 - SOMA (PS4, PC)

9/25 - Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS)

9/27 - LEGO Dimensions (all consoles)

9/29 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (PS4, XBO, PS3, X360)

Me? The only thing I'm buying for sure this month is good ol' Super Mario Maker, though I'm interested to see how Animal Cross: HHD reviews. If the game gets rave reviews, I might get that too (or wait on it just a bit). I'm also extremely curious about LEGO Dimensions. No plans to buy that one just yet, but I hope it's good!

What about you? Watchu buying this month?

Well seeing as I've been blowing a bunch of cash on school supplies and stuff I don't really have much money for games at the moment, nor do I have much time to play it seems. 

Still, I am considering picking up MGSV. Though I would have to get it on PC since my PS4 is currently several thousand miles away from me. Apparently it's super well optimised for PC though so it'll still work on my laptop (admittedly, it's a gaming laptop, though a few years old)

Well, I already got MGSV, so other than that I probably won't be getting any new releases this month. I do want Super Mario Maker, but it's not something I wanna pay full price for since I'll mostly be using it to play other people's levels. I see myself trying to make some super awesome levels and totally failing and giving up halfway through (I've never been good with create-a-whatever modes in games) so the main draw isn't worth paying for since I won't use it as much. xD

I'll probably also get THPS5 eventually, though I'll wanna see what reviews say first.

Even though there's a bunch of stuff I want, I won't be buying much of anything.  I pre-ordered the New 3DS XL (the new Zelda one) as an Xmas gift, so between that and buying textbooks I don't really have any extra money for anything outside the typical super cheap bundles.  If most of my eBay stuff sells well, I may buy the MGS Legacy Collection, but that's about it.

Ended up picking up a tablet.

COYmyJ1W8AAqQiv.jpg

Should I post my impressions like I did with the S6 or nah?

Ended up picking up a tablet.

Should I post my impressions like I did with the S6 or nah?

Sure! I'm actually using a Galaxy Tab 4, so I may end up upgrading at some point. Let us know how that keyboard is as well!

• Like 1

Sure! I'm actually using a Galaxy Tab 4, so I may end up upgrading at some point. Let us know how that keyboard is as well!

I've had a day to play around with it so I'll see if I can't post some initial impressions later today :)

I didn't know Soma was coming out this month, so I'm curious about the feedback for that (assuming people react to it positively like Amnesia). I wish I was more excited to play Tearaway Unfolded considering how much I enjoyed it on Vita, but I feel like I'm destined to be disappointed if I play the PS4 version.

Like Venom, I already got MGS5 and that game is basically a month in itself (and even then I'm already occupied with some review games making playing even that difficult). I am curious about some handheld games later this month but they aren't day 1 buys like some stuff for me... well, next month and on.

Only one on the list that jumps out at me is MGSV. I have forgotten it had come out already.

I bought Destiny the Taken King. I'd like to get Tearaway Unfolded but I'm not in any real hurry, other than that nothing is on my radar this month.