HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
barrel

If you were at the gym....

And your headphones got randomly unplugged from your music player.... what type of music/audio would you have been most likely listening to? Would you be outed as a weeaboo listening to J-pop? Maybe you would be listening to NSFW podcasts? Or are you not that crazy and have pretty standard stuff in your music library? 

For me personally I would very likely be caught listening to Queen or a bunch of fighting game music. I find podcasts difficult to hear at gyms sometimes so I generally just go for listening to rock when working out (granted, I go to the gym much less recently.).

If my headphones get unplugged from my phone, the player automatically stops!  :D

But I'd be listening to high-energy video game and rock music.  I listen to podcasts at work to keep the insanity brought on by silence away.

I would think listening to podcasts while working out would be counterproductive, so I'd most likely be listening to something with high energy; some 80's music maybe (like Van Halen or something).

I'm sure there's quite a few video game songs that could be used as well, though. Makes me think of the Won-stoppable 101 song from the Wonderful 101 -- there's a song fit for working out! xD

I never go to the gym, and even if I did my music player is just a regular ol' MP3 player so if the headphones came unplugged no one would hear anything and it would just keep playing silently to itself. Forever and ever. Until the battery ran out.

BUT HYPOTHETICALLY.

I'd be listening to non-game/anime/whatever hard rock or metal, most of which would sound like music appropriate for Halloween even if it wasn't anywhere near Halloween. (Which it is right now, but that's beside the point) There's also a chance it would be electronic music too, though I don't have a lot. If I was working out I'd wanna listen to  fast-paced, high energy music, and since I mostly listen to rock and metal that's like, 90% of the songs in my library anyway.

Probably some Viet songs will be playing and people will be like what is that noise.

• Like 1

My iPod also stops playing when the headphones are unplugged and I don't go to the gym, I go to the park. But if such a scenario arised I would probably be listening to podcasts or audiobooks because I have this ridiculously huge backlog. For some reason I subscribe to about 20 podcasts, but only end up listening to 2-3 of them, lol.

Of course I subscribe to three music podcasts: All Songs Considered, The Irish and Celtic Music Podcast and In The Groove Jazz and Beyond.