HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

How often do you eat out?

Thought this would be an interesting question after seeing Gaiages tweet about it earlier on Twitter, lol.

Personally, I only eat out once or twice a week if that. It's mostly because I try to save money by not doing it too often, even though I do enjoy dining out quite a bit (especially with friends). But even if I did have the money to eat out all the time, I can't imagine I would do so all the time. It mostly depends on where I'm eating; I definitely wouldn't do fast food all of the time for health reasons, but if it were a restaurant, I definitely wouldn't mind doing that more often.

Anyhow, what about you? Do you eat out every day? Or do you try to save money and eat at home or bag your lunch?

I eat out all the time it's so yummy and better than home food. If I get out of work early than I like to go for lunch on those days because my home lunches only last so many days. I love my Subway,Chipotle Mexican Grill and now the new place that opened up b.good. When my belly starts growing and my pants start getting tight I know I gotta hold off on the yummy.

I never eat out at work, mainly because I don't have lunch break nor can I leave work at any time of the day. But with my family we go out often enough. My mom is older now and she gets tired easily after working so she can't cook as often. Plus, I make better money now so I can afford to take my parents out more.

NOT AS MUCH AS MY COWORKERS

Honestly, it depends on my financial situation.  Right now, I actually eat out a lot, but that's because the dollar menu is cheaper than grabbing all the ingredients for making dinner, since I have no meat in the freezer and only rice as a 'base'.  But I don't eat out for lunch or anything--small frozen things or leftovers for when I do cook is all I have.

When I have more money, I tend to eat out less, as I can afford to buy meat and stuff for cooking, and oftentimes I can take the leftovers and have an actually filling meal for lunch (aka no need to buy/eat many snacks).  I'll eat out for lunch a couple times a month.  I'll eat out once or twice a week (I like Taco Bell/Burger King and I'm lazy on the weekends).

EDIT: And before anyone says anything, yes, I ran the math--oftentimes for me, as a single person, dollar menu+snacks is in fact cheaper than cooking all the time, unless I was making extremely basic meals (like pasta and sauce, or white rice and veggies 24/7).

I only eat out whenever I hang out with friends and family. If I run out of food at home I kinda have to go to out to buy something from the dollar menu or pizza.

Lately I've been mostly eating Taco Bell with friends cuz ya know dollar menu and cheap good value. Also I discovered a local chicken fastfood called Chicken Shack. Every Tuesday is dollar tenders and Wed 75 cent wings. I sure love me some chicken wings.

I go for value/cheap price with friends and fancy eating with family lol. I also love to cook random stuff whatever I find in the fridge. Gotta have your tastes spread out.

Once a week usually. Only times we really eat out more than that is if I'm pulling crazy hours (4am to 2:30pm on a Friday or 4am to 12pm on Saturday). Then we might eat out Friday and Saturday.

• Like 1

Coupons will make me eat fastfood more if it's cheap like buy 1 get 1 free or free combo with this and that. Coupons will save your health. . .not really lol.

Coupons will make me eat fastfood more if it's cheap like buy 1 get 1 free or free combo with this and that. Coupons will save your health. . .not really lol.

Coupons are always great to use. That and promos for the store's birthday and whatnot.