HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Shin GenX

Anyone else here playing Hex TCG?

This is a game in the veign of Magic the Gathering Online.  It is pretty much an online only and online focused version of MTGO but they will be adding  MMORPG-ish features as well.

It was started through kickstarter and my experience so far has been excellent ^^.  Have a lot of waiting because I want the PVE but the PVP currently is top notch.  Although the PVP is very much pay to play (I want to be clear, not pay to win, but pay to play ^^).

If you love TCG's and love MTGO but want something that works better and has digital only features you need to check out Hex TCG.

If you do send me a pm in game.

My Hex TCG name is MountZion ^^

www.hextcg.com

I've not played this since card games typically aren't up my alley though I do admit I'm curious about Hearthstone; maybe I'll give that one a go at some point. Pretty interesting that digital C/TCG titles have really taken off in terms of popularity in recent years.

Also cool to hear that this originated from a Kickstarter; I guess it was one of the better successes to have come from it. xD

A) It isn't a LCG so it is automatically a bad card game

B) It isn't Netrunner so even if it was a LCG it would still be bad by comparison. 

But no, I haven't played it, but after Hearthstones RNG nonsense, it probably won't be the worst digital card game available.

Could you enlighten us to what a LCG is?  I haven't heard of that one.

I am guessing it is different from a game like Dominion which is a deck building game?

I am not that big of a fan of Hearthstone because of the RNG, and also something just doesn't click well with me.  I feel like there are only 2 or 3 real options to play a class in that game.

Hex TCG is really for people who like the gameplay of Magic the Gathering.  It just improves on it in a digital format.  So some mechanics are only possible because it is digital for example.  Cards can change and have permanent buffs throughout the whole game even if it get's killed.  You can spawn new cards on the spot, transfer abilities to another card etc.

If you know anything about draft I think it is best way to play any TCG, as long as you are willing to put down the money ^^

Like I said, this game is Pay to Play, but not Pay to win ^^

Really it's a TCG transferred online and made digital specific enhancements ^^

So I recommend people to check it out but if you want the full taste of it, yes you will need to spend money, unlike hearthstone or other Digital CCG's or Digital TCGs ^^

LCG = Living Card Game. The difference is that instead of getting packs with random cards in them, they release packs that have specific cards in them, so anyone who buys the 'Breaker Bay' pack will get the same cards as anyone else who buys it. 

So it's like having a small enough or cheap enough set that when a new set arrives everyone can buy the whole set and everyone get's to play with every card, making the playing ground a level field to play?

So how MtG or Hex TCG would have different Sets and you pay 2 dollars for 15 random cards, LTG you pay something like 30 ish?  And get all 150 cards?

That sounds pretty cool as well.

What I do enjoy about a traditional TCG is the "trading" part and also... money is a real thing.  It's a great feeling when you pay 2 dollars to open up a pack with a super rare card that will sell for 20 dollars.  So you sell that rare card and go play some more draft ^^

Hey guys I wanted to share this article to give another plugin for this game.  It really is good and I highly recommend it with the new F2P campaign that came out.

http://www.hexprimal.com/7-reasons-why-you-should-give-hex-shards-of-fate-a-real-shot/

Trust me guys if you liked any part of MTG you will love this game.

Once again, if you join just pm me in game and I will do what I can to hook you up with some basic cards ^^