HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
barrel

Have you installed Windows 10 yet?

HAVE YOU? (I haven't. Not sure why, actually. I hate Windows 8...)

I tried, but my laptop crashed and refused to install it. It crashed while installing after downloading, reaching 100%, then unable to load so I had to revert back to Windows 8. I guess this is a sign that Windows 10 must not be good. I'm still on Windows 8 and to be honest it doesn't bother me or use it much. I just do the normal desktop thing like Windows 7.

No. I am going to stick with Windows 7. Too many privacy concerns and it takes away too much control.

Nope. No matter how many times I get the dumb little message in the corner of my screen, I'm not "upgrading." Some of the things I've read have made me decide it's not a great idea (like mr. me mentioned, privacy and less user control are big ones) but also because often when I'm looking at the Steam discussions for games trying to find a solution to problems, I see many threads that begin with some variation of "on Windows 10." If I had Windows 8 I'd probably ignore all that and upgrade immediately (because Win8 suuuuuuuuuuuuucks) but Win7 is just dandy and I see no reason to change it.

• Like 1

Not yet, but recently did thought have popped into my head. Not sure if I'm ready for such a big leap of faith.

I was about to. Then I read all about the privacy concerns and how Microsoft can basically can track everything from your computer by default. I think you can turn off some of those settings that enable that, but it's still kind of scary to think that MS is using Big Brother tactics more and more.

I'll probably upgrade when I really have to (probably because of games requiring it). It was the same with XP; I didn't stop using it until they stopped supporting it with updates.

• Like 1

I have Windows 10 and I like it just fine :) Everything works great and has given me no problems so I'm here to stay. You can freely uninstall all the unwanted stuff and the really cool new features help make things run smoother and better then before. I really don't know why you wouldn't update.

I was about to. Then I read all about the privacy concerns and how Microsoft can basically can track everything from your computer by default. I think you can turn off some of those settings that enable that, but it's still kind of scary to think that MS is using Big Brother tactics more and more.

I'll probably upgrade when I really have to (probably because of games requiring it). It was the same with XP; I didn't stop using it until they stopped supporting it with updates.

Yea, I asked a friend of mine and he told me how they can track everything you do. He said you can opt out but you got to go through like 200 something pages to keep saying "No." So who really wants to do that?

Yea, I asked a friend of mine and he told me how they can track everything you do. He said you can opt out but you got to go through like 200 something pages to keep saying "No." So who really wants to do that?

LOL 200 pages :lol: more like 13 "TABS" with a few things on each that only takes a few seconds to do. Really only 2 of those 13 tabs are big deal.

LOL 200 pages :lol: more like 13 "TABS" with a few things on each that only takes a few seconds to do. Really only 2 of those 13 tabs are big deal.

That is still a lot!

• Like 1