HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Thoughts on the Warcraft movie trailer?

Well, I gotta say, I wasn't a believer before but this movie looks pretty legit (as far as being a movie based on a video game goes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcZSNF_pU-k

I like that they're painting the conflict as a very gray one as opposed to black and white. Both sides have reasons they're warring -- humans are protecting their homeland from invaders, and orcs have to invade (or at least encroach on land that wasn't previously theirs) in order to survive because their homeland was dying/being destroyed).

Not sure they should have spilled the beans that they would eventually team up against something else (probably the Undead?), but it's not like people wouldn't have seen it coming either.

Anyhow, if it's successful, I could easily see this leading to a second movie where the Undead and Night Elves are introduced, following more races in subsequent sequels. Will be interesting to see what happens.

What did you guys think about the trailer? Are you interested?

• Like 1

Wow lots of game movies are starting to come out now and they are looking good unlike the past. I don't care for Warcraft the game but that trailer looks pretty sweet. That Angry Birds trailer looks pretty funny.

I was gonna post this, but I was busy watching movies lol. Anyways I thought the trailer looked fantastic and exceeded my expectations. I really hope this movie is the start of turning things around the movies based on games is bad. This and Assassin's Creed with Fassbender is going to be awesome. I like the visual effects, scenery, costumes, and how the Orcs looked in the trailer. I don't think the Orcs are CGI'd since I saw a picture of the costume. Maybe some are CGI, but man this is awesome! Never played the games, but the movie will have a war to craft some huge box office money. :D

Got to admit but that looks pretty epic and amazing. I really want to watch it now. I don't know anything about Warcraft though. But if this movie is a success, I think games like WoW will probably have more subscription to the games, one might include me.

I mean.... it feels a bit cheesy but definitely has some production value behind it. So I guess I'll wait and see ! :D

• Like 1

I don't know, my first thought is why live action? I think they should have went with animation. It could be really good... or really bad. It is cool seeing Travis Fimmel from Vikings as one of the lead actors.

I don't know, my first thought is why live action? I think they should have went with animation. It could be really good... or really bad. It is cool seeing Travis Fimmel from Vikings as one of the lead actors.

Yeah I agree I think a fully animated one might have been good and in line with what Blizzard has already done.  (BTW if you haven't seen the cinematics that blizzard can make you should check them out, all pretty darn amazing at their respective times.).

It seems odd seeing the well done but still CG orcs and completely live action humans.  The CG isn't quite there yet, I would have preferred practical make up in this case.

But, the movie still does look very promising ^^