HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
barrel

Looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Xenoblade Chronicles X is the last big game for Wii-U this year. But for all 2 fellow Wii-U owners (actually I bet it's bigger than you'd expect considering this community, but shh) I was wondering how excited you were for this game?

I pretty much bought the Wii-U for Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X but I feel like I care about Chronicles X less the more close to release it is. Maybe a part of it is that I remembered that Xenoblade has very MMO combat, and I played a lot of FFXIV this year (which I liked a lot but also burned out for a bit), but I've also heard that X doubles down on the worst aspect of the original.... which was the bad quest design. The lesser focus on storytelling is also nagging at me. I'll buy it Day 1 regardless but in a year where there have been several REALLY strong open-world games (like Fallout 4, MGS5, and the sidequest master Witcher 3) I'm second-guessing how much I'll like Xenoblade Chronicles X.

My Wii U library only consists of Smash, Splatoon, Nintendoland, CoD: Ghosts, Zombi U, and Super Mario 3D World. It's sad. Sometimes I ask myself if I regret getting a Wii U for Christmas last year lol. I just need more games, but Windwaker HD is still pricey and I'd like to get Bayonetta too. Nintendo games never seem to drop in price.

As for Xenoblade Chronicles X. I definitely want to get it since my friend has been bugging me to go buy it. I just don't have the money to buy launch games anymore. Also barrel do I need to play the previous game to play this or will they summarize the first game prior to start of it? This seems like a fun co-op adventure to play.

I pretty much bought the Wii-U for Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X but I feel like I care about Chronicles X less the more close to release it is. Maybe a part of it is that I remembered that Xenoblade has very MMO combat, and I played a lot of FFXIV this year (which I liked a lot but also burned out for a bit), but I've also heard that X doubles down on the worst aspect of the original.... which was the bad quest design. The lesser focus on storytelling is also nagging at me. I'll buy it Day 1 regardless but in a year where there have been several REALLY strong open-world games (like Fallout 4, MGS5, and the sidequest master Witcher 3) I'm second-guessing how much I'll like Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I'll be buying it but honestly I'm feeling somewhat the same way. I think it's because we haven't been seeing a lot of promotion for it (then again, Nintendo usually only promotes stuff about a month out from release), but it's probably more that we've been seeing the game for years now and it's passed that threshold of excitement where now it's dying down because we've known about it and been waiting for it so long now.

My Wii U library only consists of Smash, Splatoon, Nintendoland, CoD: Ghosts, Zombi U, and Super Mario 3D World. It's sad. Sometimes I ask myself if I regret getting a Wii U for Christmas last year lol. I just need more games, but Windwaker HD is still pricey and I'd like to get Bayonetta too. Nintendo games never seem to drop in price.

You've still got quite a bit of good games to experience on there, TK (let me know if you want a list of stuff I could recommend), but I get where you're coming from if you're talking mostly about price. Console Nintendo games rarely fall into the $10-25 range unless they completely bombed or otherwise, but keep an eye out for stuff when Black Friday rolls around.

Also barrel do I need to play the previous game to play this or will they summarize the first game prior to start of it? This seems like a fun co-op adventure to play.

I dunno, I doubt it. I "think" the setting of X might be an end-game spoiler of the original if you put the pieces together but I haven't looked into media for Xenoblade Chronicles X since I want to go into it fairly fresh. But, I'm willing to bet that X is more self-contained than not because... stuff. 

I hear the multiplayer is cool though, like you apparently should be playing online due to how some quests work. YOU MIGHT EVEN SEE BARREL ONLINE...MAYBE.

I'll be buying it but honestly I'm feeling somewhat the same way. I think it's because we haven't been seeing a lot of promotion for it (then again, Nintendo usually only promotes stuff about a month out from release), but it's probably more that we've been seeing the game for years now and it's passed that threshold of excitement where now it's dying down because we've known about it and been waiting for it so long now.

It's possible. We've known about the game for a couple years (then again, I've known about Persona 5 for 2X as long and still want it bad). I've been trying to avoid media but... yeah, it seems like Nintendo has been too unless you go out your way to look up media and screenshots for it.

I dunno about excited, but I want to play it more than I thought I would when it was first announced. I haven't played the original game (still waiting for that WiiU Virtual Console release...one day) so on one hand I don't have any reason to care about the series, but on the other, everything they've shown so far looks pretty darn good. So I can certainly wait on it until after some other stuff (like Star Fox) comes out, but I'll definitely play it at some point.

Honestly, I saw a few of the earlier trailers of the game and was more or less disenchanted by the whole thing.  It all looked kinda meh to me.  But, then again, I haven't looked at any of the more recent stuff, but I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet either.

So to put it simply, no, I'm not really looking forward to it, but I'll probably pick it up at some point.

I'm looking forward to it if my wallet allows it. I honestly haven't turned the Wii U on in a few months. Lol.

I really should get it. I haven't touch the Wii U in a while. Kind of stop playing Wind Waker. I will play it again soon.

Yes, but I never buy games at launch...

My Wii U collection is also bare, TK. I have Super Mario 3D World, Nintendoland(Both came with the console, would have preferred something else over Nintenodland), Wind Waker HD, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101 and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. It sucks Nintendo games only drop to $30. :wacko:

Yes, but I never buy games at launch...

My Wii U collection is also bare, TK. I have Super Mario 3D World, Nintendoland(Both came with the console, would have preferred something else over Nintenodland), Wind Waker HD, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101 and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. It sucks Nintendo games only drop to $30. :wacko:

Hopefully this Black Friday there would be some Wii U games on sale. I recommend Splatoon and Smash for some multiplayer fun and GP gaming night. We need to play some games together! :D

Seeing as Xenoblade Chronicles was one of my favorite games of the last generation, I am most certainly looking forward to getting X. Hell, I even pre-ordered the special edition as soon as it became available a few months back. Of course, unless I end up reviewing it like I did the original, I might not play it much right away. At least not until I clear out my backlog a little bit (yeah, like THAT's ever gonna happen...).

I will pick it up at MSRP, but I'm not as excited about it as I would be if I hadn't already been overwhelmed by a number open-world/sandbox games this year.  

I don't like the feeling of being overwhelmed.

• Like 1