HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
sirdan357

Berserk:Golden Age Arc I: The Egg of the Supreme King

Anybody looking forward to this movie? I loved the series and heard the manga was amazing. I really hope this lives up to those.

Ah Berserk. My best friend found it back in college and we started watching the anime. He loved it. I thought it was okay. Guts is cool and all but I never connected with the anime. I really hated corscia (spelling?). He also went on to read the manga which I never did. I heard the manga is pretty gruesome. I keep hearing that the author died so the manga never finished? Not sure if this is true because I remember how the manga never was updated for the longest time. Not sure if that did happen and someone picked up. I definitely have to show him this video. I wouldn't mind watching it though. Glad someone else on here have heard of this.

I got Berserk for Christmas from my dad after he watched it overseas during his time in the NAVY. I really loved the series and the only bad thing about it is unfinished storyline and cliffhanger ending. The author is still alive and the manga has been around since 1990. The chapters are published irregularly so I guess the chapter releases in Japan randomly. So far 36 volumes have been released. The manga is different from the anime and I think this movie is based on the first arc. I'd rather have a new anime series, but that's okay. I saw a few chapters and it is indeed gruesome and very mature. I hope the series will be finished and don't want to be forever. Also 3 films will be out this year so this one came out in theaters back in Feb, followed by another one this June, and another one sometime late this year. Not sure if they are all in the same arc or each film is a different arc.

I got Berserk for Christmas from my dad after he watched it overseas during his time in the NAVY. I really loved the series and the only bad thing about it is unfinished storyline and cliffhanger ending. The author is still alive and the manga has been around since 1990. The chapters are published irregularly so I guess the chapter releases in Japan randomly. So far 36 volumes have been released. The manga is different from the anime and I think this movie is based on the first arc. I'd rather have a new anime series, but that's okay. I saw a few chapters and it is indeed gruesome and very mature. I hope the series will be finished and don't want to be forever. Also 3 films will be out this year so this one came out in theaters back in Feb, followed by another one this June, and another one sometime late this year. Not sure if they are all in the same arc or each film is a different arc.

They are all based on the Golden Age Arc, just like the series. The Japanese DVD release is supposed to be next week, with an American release in the fall.

Trailer looks interesting. If that trailer is a example of how the series is, it looks interesting and seems like something that I'm definitely going look into it.

I showed my friend this. He loved it. I'll tell him that the dvd will be out in the fall. He'll probably get it and I'll just watch it at his place. I'm not a big enough Berserker fan to buy it. But I know my best friend is so he should be getting it.

I showed myself this. I loved it. I'll tell myself that the dvd will be out in the fall. I'll probably not get it since I already have it and just watch it in my room. I killed a Berserker while posting this. But I know myself so this post is just a waste of time and nonsense. :-P