HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

After Black Friday, are you done buying games for the year?

Welp, we're almost at Black Friday, when games tend to see some of their lowest prices of the year (although recent studies have shown that the biggest deals actually come right before Christmas).

It's likely that most of us will probably be buying select games on sale during the event, but given that there are only a few notable releases left this year (Rainbow Six Siege, Just Cause 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X), pretty much all of the biggest games have released by now.

Personally, I'll be grabbing Xenoblade Chronicles X, but that will probably be the last console game for me unless I find some outstanding deals otherwise. Next actual planned purchase after that is Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam in January, though I have a few games on Steam I still need to pick up.

So what about you? Are you basically finished with new purchases for the year after Black Friday? Or do you plan to splurge big time during the Steam winter sale?

I'm basically done buying AAA games afterwards unless I can somehow manage to afford Just Cause 3. Other than that I may still be buying cheap, probably older games during sales on Steam and PSN (and maybe eShop), but I won't be doing much shopping for retail games for a while.

I have spent sooooo much money the past few months so I need to hold back so I actually have money to spend. I don't plan on any crazy large buys but I will probably get a few things on the Steam sale.

The answer is no as long as I find games that are in my price range. I am not looking for anything specific outside of a PS4 or X1. The games is just a plus since most likely I'll buy it and not touch it for a while. So I can't say I am done for buying games for the year but I may not buy anything just because nothing will be at a ridiculously low price.

I'm eyeing spontaneous Xbox One console prices (in a perfect world I get one of those Assassin's Creed bundles for $80 via Amazon, but I sure as heck don't have that kind of luck.). Other than that I don't expect too much other than getting Xenoblade, Trails of Cold Steel, and maybe a PSN card or two (for Bloodborne dlc and maybe random sales/PS+ stuff.). 

I'm curious about Just Cause 3 though. But... maybe not enough for a playthrough sometime soon because I've developed serious open-world fatigue this year.

My plan this BF is to buy a PS+, Vita memory card, and a few Vita games for PSTV. After that I'm done unless there's some good deals on Cyber Monday and Holiday/Christmas specials. Most likely I will be looking for Vita games on sale. I don't have much money, but enough to get a small memory card and a cheap game. That should be it for the year. I just have so much games in the backlog that I need to focus on them instead of buying more. These deals are just too good to pass up.

As for Just Cause 3. . .Venom/barrel you can ride cows in Just Cause 3. Cows! Just Cows 3! I know Venom would get it, but barrel will be stuck in the wastelands falling out.

• Like 1

I won't even be focusing on games on black friday.  I think I'm picking up one, to replace a game I traded in last week (And it will be free w/ a RZ cert).

I have a few games I still want this year (Xenoblade X) and then cheap copies of a few others....

The answer is No.  If I can find them cheap enough, I'll pick up other stuff.

Probably not, Black Friday isn't probably going to be much of a shopping day for me. I've wanted to buy a new console, and if there's one for significantly cheaper than usual, then I'll consider it, but otherwise I won't buy much. Plus, I'll probably have a decent amount of free time in December, so it's doubtful I won't buy a game then. I'm thinking about Woolly World of a Professor Layton game.

Probably not, Black Friday isn't probably going to be much of a shopping day for me. I've wanted to buy a new console, and if there's one for significantly cheaper than usual, then I'll consider it, but otherwise I won't buy much. Plus, I'll probably have a decent amount of free time in December, so it's doubtful I won't buy a game then. I'm thinking about Woolly World of a Professor Layton game.

Woolly World is a good buy, though I dunno whether there will be any significant deals on it during Black Friday.

Which Professor Layton games have you played so far?

Nah, probably not (or I won't after the Steam sale goes live and buy a few things).  I've bought a lot of stuff this past month, and add on the bloat from review games and some bundles I actually wanted, and I have enough in my backlog for.... quite a while.  With all these RPGs, a year, at least.

Other than Fire Emblem Fates, I doubt I'll be buying much for the first half of next year, either.

Woolly World is a good buy, though I dunno whether there will be any significant deals on it during Black Friday.

Which Professor Layton games have you played so far?

Yeah, I was considering buying WW until I realized I was really low on cash, but then I saw some of the level design. It looks quite creative like the original Yoshi's Island so I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I'm just debating whether it's my top priority. As for the Layton question, haven't played a game in the series this far. Thinking about the Unwound Future, though.

I'm pretty much already done, I went on a rampage and bought Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, Rise of the TombRaider and Battlefront. That's not to say a really good deal wouldn't stop me from buying anything else but I should concentrate on these first. My life has become one big Fallout 4 addiction.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was considering buying WW until I realized I was really low on cash, but then I saw some of the level design. It looks quite creative like the original Yoshi's Island so I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I'm just debating whether it's my top priority. As for the Layton question, haven't played a game in the series this far. Thinking about the Unwound Future, though.

Oh man, word of warning if you do plan on getting Unwound Future - it does spoil a major plot point from the first game (Curious Village) right from the get-go if you ever plan to go back and play that one later. Unwound Future basically ties up a number of story arcs from that first trilogy. If you think you'll eventually go through each game, I'd recommend starting with the first game, Curious Village; that one also has a really good story. Up to you, though. :)

Kiwi's pretty much done buying video games right now as he is pretty much out of money and his next shot of munner is going to go towards art bullocks.