HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

barrel

Do you use 3DS streetpass fuctionality much nowadays?

Maybe it is indicative of where I live but it is pretty rare for me to get streetpasses whenever I go out since I graduated college basically. Also, I am pretty over the streetpass minigames (even collecting puzzle pieces) since I'd rather use that time to simply play games on the thing. Still, I'm not gonna lie that when you go to nerd conventions the 3DS can be a wonderful time killer because of how you probably won't ever run out of notifications while there.

Anyway, do you use 3DS Streetpass features much nowadays? Why or why not?

Not that much these days, no. I used to bring my 3DS to work and streetpass my coworker and whoever else was in the store with a 3DS (storepass?), but even before I left that job I stopped doing that. Not even because I told myself to stop, I just...forgot. Now I just check it when a special Mii shows up. Oh, and I did go to a convention a couple of years back, so I totally get what you mean :P

Also, I definitely agree on the whole priorities thing. Working on my backlog is by far more important than streetpass.

Eh, it's typically not all that useful. If I want to use my 3DS, I rarely ever consider any of the other applications on the system are there and go directly to the game. Whenever I do look at StreetPass, it never manages to hold my attention for very long anyway.

It's also very situational. You can only make actual progress with the puzzles and other features when there are several other people around with 3DSs, and that typically only occurs (for me) at gaming conventions. Admittedly, it's a quite useful time-waster for times like that, but they only occur a few times a year at best in my experiences. Imagine if an app such as Trivia Crack that can allow you to play with any player around the world only allowed you to play with those nearby you. There are only a few occasions where you can actually use it properly.

Heck, I barely play my 3DS as it is, but I don't think I've used my Street Pass function since those new games were released a few years ago. If I'm using my 3DS, it's generally to play actual games and the like. 

What is that? I seen it on my 3DS but I didn't even bother hitting that button.

What is that? I seen it on my 3DS but I didn't even bother hitting that button.

It's mainly social thing where you basically play minigames with another person's Mii avatar if you walk by someone with the 3DS infrared/wi-fi on. Some of the cooler features in 3DS games have unique things tied to streetpass (like fight/recruit other player characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening or get help in Bravely Default.). But.... obviously this feature is much more popular in Japan because most Americans don't carry handhelds on them.

Nah.  My boyfriend just got a new 3DS XL and is super excited to StreetPass everyone all the time, but I'm way over it.  I rarely got StreetPasses, and after a while, even on those occasions I wouldn't get anyone that would have a new puzzle piece, or anything to build up my army.

I'll check it once in a blue moon, and when I have to dump my play coins I'll play them (I did that for Flower Town but have since completed that... I'll prolly try to finish Haunted Mansion next).

It's just no fun checking it all that often anymore.

It's mainly social thing where you basically play minigames with another person's Mii avatar if you walk by someone with the 3DS infrared/wi-fi on. Some of the cooler features in 3DS games have unique things tied to streetpass (like fight/recruit other player characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening or get help in Bravely Default.). But.... obviously this feature is much more popular in Japan because most Americans don't carry handhelds on them.

Ok yea so I'll continue not to use it.

I don't use it unless I remember to grab my 3DS before heading to the local GameStop (and I only get the same one person when I do...).