HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
TKtheknight

Batman vs Superman - Official Trailer 2

Holy crap! This is awesome! A lot of new footage shown here. What do you guys think? Too much reveal? DC is definitely showing what they can do up against Marvel next year. I'm excited and man there is a lot going on with Gotham to Metropolis and then Doomsday and then stuff! Whew!

I think it's the best trailer for the movie yet, but it does kind of reveal a lot. xD

Still, I'm interested in it. Most curious thing about it yet is... what are these otherworldly/alien creatures that are flying around?

CVRyMRYUYAAKbon.png

I think it's the best trailer for the movie yet, but it does kind of reveal a lot. xD

Still, I'm interested in it. Most curious thing about it yet is... what are these otherworldly/alien creatures that are flying around?

Doomsday is getting some backup from a rather...unexpected source.

Anyway, I'm sure this movie will be fun to watch, but there are too many things bugging me. Lex Luthor seems less like a brilliant schemer and more like some punk know-it-all who thinks he's better than everyone (which I guess is kinda how he normally is, but anyway) so it's looking like he'll be pretty much impossible to take seriously. Then there's the weird contrast between the dark, serious, moody feel of just about everything else against some of the snarky back and forth between Bats and Supes and Lex's in-your-face joke about not picking a fight with Supes, like the movie can't decide if it wants to go with the witty, punchy dialogue of a Marvel movie or the usual angsty, gritty style of the past few DC movies. Topping it all off is Batman looking like he's ready to pop a cap in someone at the end...which, yeah, he uses guns (on his vehicles) and gun-shaped gadgets all the time, so it could be nothing, but it could also just be the filmmakers doing another "this is our version of the character" thing just to get people talking.

But whatever, like I said, it'll probably be fun to watch, so might as well ignore all that. Except you probably already read it. Sorry 'bout that.

• Like 1

Looks good. I wasn't expecting Wonder Woman to be in this. Guess this movie is just a set up for Justice League?

Dawn of Justice, Mr. Me :P

I'm surprised they didn't show off Aquaman, even a little.  Perhaps that flood scene is where he shows up?

Also, It does appear they're probably taking the Smallville route for Doomsday's origin.  I'm not at all impressed with the way he looks, though.  The action sequences in that trailer look rather well done (particularly the BvS fights), for them to use that terribly out of place CGI.... is just shocking.

CVR4lfNVEAAdDuw.jpgCVR5eqvVAAAYSyD.jpg

While this trailer is the best so far, I now don't have high hopes for this movie. I will say I will watch it whether it will be right off the bat (no pun intended) or later down the road I don't know yet. But I just don't know. I just seeing them trying to chase Marvel and not being what Marvel is.

Lex is pretty terrible in that trailer for me. Although it was cool that Wonder Woman showed up. But Batman with that shotgun was dumb. We know the Bat ain't killing no one, drop that gun and use his fists. So I guess the movie will basically have the two (Superman and Batman) build up to their fight and then we'll have that evil new creation stop their fight and then they realized they have to fight together with the help of other superheores. And that probably be like our last 30-40 minutes or so? I don't know, I still hope I'm all wrong but I honestly think the movie will be a flop since I didn't think Man of Steel was good nor do I still think Ben will be the right Batman.

PS: Doesn't Ben look kind of fat when he was being hanged and Superman took off his mask?

Just to make it clear first, yes I am a marvel fanboy.

But this trailer revealed too much ^^  Also the tone seems quite interesting.  The last joke felt too light for what I thought DC was trying to push ^^

I will definitely watch this movie and enjoy it next year though, no doubt about that ^^

• Like 1