HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
John Kidman

Game Podunk's Secret Santa ”“ 2015 Edition

med_gallery_30_10_20183.jpg

The Holidays are rapidly approaching. Some may even say that they will arrive in a flash. We, at GamePodunk, would like to help build up a little bit of that holiday spirit within the community by promoting our very own Secret Santa.

Who is eligible: Active community members and staff members are both encouraged to sign up. In order for a community member to be considered “activeé they must be a member of the community for at least 6 months and have at least 60 posts at the time of actually signing up (just a warning, blatant spamming to hit that mark will result in a disqualification).

There will be no regional limitation on this one. Survivalists on Mars, dwellers in Middle Earth and people staying in their summer homes on the Surface of the Sun can all sign up. That being said, with skyrocketing shipping charges for those in other regions... you may also want to include your steam link so your prospective Secret Santa can take a look at your library.

How to Sign Up: This part is simple. Post that you will be joining in on the festivities in this post and then PRIVATE MESSAGE me your complete shipping address, a sample of your favorite gaming series, the gaming systems you own and one non-gaming like (eg. Animu, Sportsball, Sunset Pictures) . This information will only be sent to your Secret Santa partner. Sign-ups will remain open until December 15, 2015.  

How It Works: Sign-ups will close December 15, 2015.  I will then draw names to assign each person.  Each participant will receive a Private Message from me within 24 hours.  The Private Message will include the name, address and a few "likes" (or potentially a Steam link) of the person for whom they've drawn.  Each person will have their name drawn as a recipient and as a sender.  You will be responsible to pick up some type of gift for this person (within the $20 limit) and send it to them.  If you are shipping a physical gift, it is important to note that USPS is typically the cheapest way to mail a small package, as anything under 13oz can be sent via First Class mail (~$3.85 if purchased online).   

The Gifts: We will be placing a $20 cap on gifts, this is to help ensure we don't exclude anybody. The senders are also responsible for shipping, so prepare accordingly. We will leave that up to your discretion if you'd like to consider $20 + costs or $20 including shipping costs.  Digital gifts are usually super effective, just like my Blastoise to your Charizard.  If your preference is a digital gift, don't forget to send some sort of link to a digital library and note your digital preference in your initial Private Message!  If you are opting for sending physical video games I personally see no issue with “usedé titles if they are in great shape, but that will need to be a judgment call on your own behalf. 

We hope that all gifts will be delivered by the end of December!  Oh wait, that's not all, though! Game Podunk will be selecting a couple of 'lucky' participants a little extra something once the dust has settled from the Holidays!

• Like 3

You can enter my name if I have upwards of 60 posts, though I'll probably only do digital both ways. 

• Like 2

Yep, you're good Krazy!  I've got you all three down.  Shin is good, but don't forget to send me things like your steam id, systems, preferences, etc. ^_^

• Like 2

Sign me up!  :D  I looooooove Secret Santa stuff.

I'll send you a PM with my info later today :)

• Like 1

You can enter my name if I have upwards of 60 posts, though I'll probably only do digital both ways.

Actually, ignore this. I think I can do physical.
  • Like 1

I'm going to the North Pole to get a present for GP Secret Santa. If you don't hear from me in a month, send Link.

(That means I decided to participate)

• Like 2

Everybody gets a like from me. Now that's the Christmas spirit! Be happy and jolly to everyone around. Woo!

• Like 2

I have a question, John.  When should we be giving these gifts, if they're digital?  Should we send them as soon as we grab 'em, or wait until Xmas?

I know that there's less of a choice when it comes to mailing stuff, but I'm not sure of the timing for digital stuff :D

Santa Rex has joined the battle! Hohohoho.

• Like 1