HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

GP Steam Winter Sale 2015 Recommendation Thread

Hola one and all,

Thought it would be a good idea for us Podunkers to put our heads together and recommend the best deals and/or great deals on overlooked games.

I'll start off with a few-

Undertale - $7.99  $9.99 (20% off)

Probably the biggest hit indie sensation this year. If you haven't played it yet, you've got to try it. There's literally nothing else like it at the moment.

Spelunky - $3.74  $14.99 (75% off)

Tough as nails spelunking adventure game! Not much intro needed for this one; it's one of the most beloved indie games of the last few years or so.

The Fall - $1.99  $10.99 (80% off)

Puzzle-solving, action sidescroller game with a dark, sci-fi story and atmosphere. I haven't played it yet, but Giant Bomb and others have raved about it on Game of the Year podcasts from earlier years.

Civilization V - $7.49  29.99 (75% off)

Probably the definitive real-time strategy game of the last five years. Has overwhelmingly positive reviews on the site.

I might add more to this as I find other stuff too. If you can, please help contribute to this thread with more recommendations! :)

• Like 1

How do you do those custom links? I have never known the secret.

Duck Game - $9.74   $12.99  (25% off)

Awesome multiplayer fun with Ducks blasting other Ducks. Build your own levels with the level editor to share with the world.

Artifex Mundi games all of them.

Hidden object adventure games with bright colorful art and fun stories I love them.

The Fall - $1.99  $10.99 (80% off)

Puzzle-solving, action sidescroller game with a dark, sci-fi story and atmosphere. I haven't played it yet, but Giant Bomb and others have raved about it on Game of the Year podcasts from earlier years.

I second this. I have played it, and it's great. There's a second part coming sometime next year, so gotta be ready for that! :D

Other than that...

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! - $7.99 $19.99 (60% off)

Certainly not the biggest discount it will ever see, but the best it's seen so far (on Steam anyway). A complete remake of cinematic platformer (think original Prince of Persia style) Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee with updated mechanics to bring it more in line with its sequel, Abe's Exoddus, both of which are a lot of fun and have a great sense of humor to them. I haven't played the Alf's Escape DLC yet so I can't tell you if that's worth picking up or not though.

LucasArts Adventure Pack - $3.74 $14.99 (75% off)

This probably goes on sale all the time, I've never had much reason to check though. Anyway, if you're looking for some fun old-school point and click adventures, this is a nice cheap place to start. There's no Monkey Island unfortunately (those are on sale too for $2.50 each), but you'll get the two Indiana Jones adventure games (Fate of Atlantis and The Last Crusade), The Dig, and one of my personal favorites, Loom, which is one of the most unique adventure games I've played and sadly ends on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved. Still worth playing though.

And...I dunno, I'm sure there's some other stuff. I don't really make a habit of looking at prices on games I already own. xD

How do you do those custom links? I have never known the secret.

Highlight the text you want to use as the link and click the link button in the editor (it looks like a chain) then just paste in the link and hit OK.

• Like 1

I see a lot of good stuff on sale right now.

The temptation is too much ^^ Especially just having bought a new laptop ^^

Must resist!  My backlog is too much right now as well ^^

Yea my best friend already told me that the sale have started. So I don't know, do I spend more money?

Some from me:

All of the Ys games are 70% off, I highly recommend picking one or two up!  My personal recommendations are Oath in Felghana and Origins.

The Half Minute Hero Bundle (with the first and second games) is only $1.99, which is a fantastic deal.

fault milestone one is very, very good, and is a VN well worth $5.

In case you're one of the five people that don't have it (like me), Skyrim Legendary Edition is only $10, and includes the base game and all the DLC.  I'm going to finally pick it up.

• Like 1

Must resist!  My backlog is too much right now as well ^^

I know exactly what you mean, haha. And despite trying to buy less (as of recently), I still find that I buy way more games than I actually finish. It's kinda sad, actually. xD

Here's one I should have noticed before:

Metal Slug Bundle - $3.99 $15.99 (75% off)

If you love run 'n gun action with a dash of silliness, look no further. Three awesome games for one tiny price, it's definitely worth it if you have even a passing interest in trying out these games. If you already have one or two of them, they're $2. each by themselves, but this bundle is a better deal if you need all three.