HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Rex705

Rex's learning how to make games giveaway contest thingy!

Rex here with a very cool giveaway contest for all of you gamers who would like to one day make your own game. I got a how to make games kickstarter and got a special tier with a few extra courses but I already own one of them so I am giving it away! This normally goes for $197 but with this coupon code you can have it for FREE! If you live in the UK this course can even count for credits for a degree.

Ok so to enter for your chance to win just post here saying you want to enter and then tell why you dream of making games. After everyone has had a chance to enter I'll pick a winner on the 25th. You will still have much to learn but this course will be a good starting point for your journey to become a game dev. Good luck!

You will need to sign up at Udemy.com to redeem the coupon.

• Like 3

Hey, I bought this just last week! Got it for a really good price too; haven't started it yet, but I look forward to checking it out when I have some time. :)

Pretty cool of you to do this, Rex. May the best man or woman win!

Interesting. I am looking for a job and no luck in the past year since graduating, but maybe I should be an indie developer and make games. For starters I'd like to make a team of Podunkers here to make a creative company. Since my major is arts and graphic design I can probably do a some kind of work making business cards, letterheads, or a logo for Team GP. I dunno lol. I'm in for the contest. I gotta find something to do in life and get motivated. Well does anyone have some kind of interest making a Game Podunk indie team?

Good luck to those that enter. And make a GP game if you win lol.

• Like 1

Huh I thought more people would be interested in this :unsure:

Huh I thought more people would be interested in this :unsure:

Could be a combination of things; I know a ton of people who think it would be cool to make games, but have zero dedication in following through since they don't have enough time in their schedule to do it.

Regardless, it's a super cool resource to have should anyone consider wanting to do it at some point.

You should promote your contest on twitter and hope to generate more people interested in joining site and contest. Don't forget your friends at Starmazer too!

Yea Rex. I think it would be cool to have this but I don't think I have the time or dedication to develop a game. So I rather someone else that would go through with this and have the vision for a game to win it and use it.

Yay TK wins Wooo! That was one crazy contest it was a close one! Congrats TK for winning. Now you can go on and make GP the game. :)

• Like 2

Congrats TK. Get us a game of the year GP game.

• Like 1

Awesome! Congrats TK! The future of GP gaming is in your hands so hopefully you'll make something eventually whenever you get the time! :D

Awesome! Congrats TK! The future of GP gaming is in your hands so hopefully you'll make something eventually whenever you get the time! :D

I think TK has a lot of time right now to make us a great game :P

With great powers comes great responsibility TK.