HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
gaiages

Win a copy of XBlaze Code: Embryo (Steam)!

I'm not done yet, here's a for realsies contest for y'all to join in.

XBlaze Code: Embyro is a visual novel set in the BlazBlue universe.  It's set before the events of the fighting game series... I think... maybe?  There's a lot of craziness going on with the BlazBlue timeline.  Maybe I should try to do some research...

...or maybe I can get you all to do it for me.  That's right, for this contest, I want you to briefly explain the BlazBlue plot line to me!

Of course, anyone that knows an inkling of information about the BlazBlue story line knows that the word 'briefly' belongs nowhere near it, so we're gonna have a bit of fun with it.  You don't have to be particularly... accurate in this paragraph long (that's five sentences or longer) summary of the convoluted storyline, I just want to see that you know what BlazBlue is and that you'd actually get something out of playing XBlaze.

So, to recap, the requirements for this contest are:

- Write a paragraph long "summary" of the BlazeBlue continuity

- Have an account here (duuuuh)

- Either have a post in the New Members forum or at least 50 posts

- Have an avatar (I hate people that can't spend two minutes to find an avatar)

Make sure to post the summaries in this thread so we can all enjoy what others come up with.  Any PMs sent to me for this contest will be ignored.

I'll give you all until Wednesday midnight PST to get your entries in, and I'll pick the winner at random on Thursday.

Get to it, folks!

• Like 1

I've never played much of the series and have little info, but I'll do my best to post a summary of what the series. Also where is everyone?! People, you should enter this contest! Gai have you promoted your contests on twitter? Anyways here's my lame summary.

The game centers around Ragna the main character and one of the fighters you play as. He is on a journey to destroy labs and somehow has ties to the characters. He has a bounty on his head so everyone's after him. Also he is on a journey to find his brother and sister I think. One of the fighters is Ragna's brother and I believe that is Jin Kisaragi. They have fought each other, but Jin doesn't remember him as a brother or just hates him. Also Noel is Jin's partner as well. I remember watching the anime and Ragna sees Noel as a reminder of his sister. I quite like the anime and thought it was pretty cool with little knowledge of the game. Though maybe people won't like it. Let's see...barrel is a BlazBlue fan and I believe he has made many reviews of the game for GP. When it comes to fighting games barrel is pretty damn good. I've never beaten him in P4 arena, Street Fighter, etc. The only game I've managed to beat him is in Smash. Ok getting off topic about barrel. Back to BlazBlue, the game is 2D and the art style is very nice. I remember playing the game for the first time during high school and I hated the slime/poop character. One time solid-alchemist played as the character and whoop me and my buds at my friend's house. I don't have a favorite character to play as, but I think I do pretty well with a sword type character or maybe Noel. This is starting to sound like a gaming experience than a BlazBlue summary lol. Anyways really little info to summarize so uh from the experience of the series, I say it's a recommendation to play and watch the anime.

If this summary sucks Gai you can extend the contest to have more people join in. :D

Ok so like BlazeBlue is about these people and they like fight each other a bunch. These people are like really weird and have crazy powers and stuff. The three heroes Ragna, Noel and Jin are like clueless and don't know what's going on in the world so they just fight a lot of bad dudes. The bad guys are like trying to save the world and stuff from this evil computer program that like makes the world dream. Jin is like a crazy person and is trying to kill Ragna to prove he's not crazy. Nole is just trying to find Jin and tell him to go back to his post and stop running away from his duty like a slacker.

It's a real crazy acid trip yo.

I'm not entering the contest (I own it and the sequel. Reviewed both.) but here is a semi-digestible summary of the current continuity (before Central Fiction) for fun.

Calamity Trigger: The "Black Beast" basically destroyed the world (failed magic experiment, sorta) and was only stopped by the Six Heroes (And Ragna. Actually Ragna gave the world enough time to eventually develop technology to fight it before he dies. But shh, I think these are Continuum Shift spoilers). A bajillion years later people be hatin' on generic animu hero Ragna. This is likely because Ragna has the "Black Beast" inside him, breaks cauldrons, gives librarians a tough time, and has a Vash the Stampede level bounty on his head. Either way, the world's timelines are screwed and it constantly leads to bad stuff... because.... reasons. So, Ragna gets stabbed by a yandere mech girl. A lot... in just about every ending. In the true end they introduce Terumi, who has apparently done everything and then some because he is a crazy troll.

Continuum Shift: Hazama, aka Terumi, trolls everyone. EVERYONE. (actually a lot of important character stuff happens and many things are explained. If anything it makes Calamity Trigger look pretty pointless in comparison but I ain't going into Blazblue jargon/character relationships here.)

Chrono Phantasma: Hazama is sidelined for Izanami because he works under her... kinda. Izanami is OP because of time crap. Ragna does time crap to mess with her. Oh btw, Izanami, and like half of the female cast, are clones of Ragna's sister Saya because... idk. Game ends on a mean cliffhanger and leads to some unlikely alliances.

Central Fiction: Idk. But Nine is playable and she's cool despite being a bajillion years old and somehow making love to a cat. APPARENTLY the game is the end to "Ragna's story"... but I'll only find out in 20 years when they make a console port and it is localized.

Sorry for not getting back to y'all right away, I got a little... busy.  And lazy.

So I flipped a coin for the winner (since barrel's just doing this for funsies) and the winner was.... Rex705!  Congrats!  I'll send your code over in about two minutes.

I liked all the entries, great job everyone!  :D

Congrats Rexo the Dino! Hopefully you XBlaze through the game quite nicely. :D