HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
gaiages

Win a copy of The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition! (PS4)

You thought I was done?  Think again.  I have yet more to give out.  This time, it's a digital copy of the recently released The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition for the PS4.  Like the PS3 game, but all snazzier and stuff.

Again, I'm going to have a slightly more involved contest for this little game.  Make sure you read the rules to this one, since I'm gonna be super picky.  If you don't follow the rules, I will disqualify you.  Think that's rude?  That's a shame.

Anyway, so The Witch and the Hundred Knight goes like this--you're the familiar of the evil swamp witch Metallia, who wants to cover the world in her poisonous swamp.

Metallia is kind of a weird name though, isn't it?  Since everyone always has their panties in a bunch about localization lately, let's make that the focus of this contest.

Metallia's name is different in Japan.  What is it?  What may have that had to do with NISA changing her name?  By the way, none of the stuff about Metallia's name is official or anything, but it's just speculation based on past events.  So don't expect any official sources on this!  Also obviously I only expect speculation on your part as well.

I don't just want a one sentence answer either.  Tell me why her original name could have caused problems.  Tell me as if I've never heard of any of this before.  If your answer isn't descriptive enough, I'll simply tell you to add more, and you'll go back to the theoretical drawing board and try again.  The answer doesn't have to meet a certain length requirement, but I do want something well-thought out.

Did I tell you I was going to be picky?  I am.

Also, only PM me your responses.  Why is that?  You don't want someone to take your almost perfect answer and make it perfect and take the code from under your nose, do you?  This is to give everyone a decent shot.  The first person to give me a response that matches my specifications wins, after all.

So, let's recap the requirements for this contest:

- Be a member (because otherwise you couldn't PM me, duh)

- Post in the New Members forum or have more than 50 posts

- Have an avatar (I swear to god)

- PM me an explanation of Metallia's name change, including her original Japanese name and why it may have been changed

That's about it!  The contest will run until someone wins.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Basically, John.  Avatars are love; avatars are life.

Anyway, we already have a winner of the code:  Venom!  Here's his informative piece:

So her original name is Metallica, which could have been a problem since it's the name of a popular metal band. Metallica's biggest claim to fame among people who don't listen to their music (or maybe just in general) is their copyright lawsuit against Napster, so NISA was likely worried about legal action from the band if they somehow found out about the name. Or maybe they were just afraid James Hetfield would eat them. :grimace:

Also, also thanks to TK, whose PM came just a little too late, but was still good :D

Dang the contest only lasted a day?! Aw man I was late :o

Anyways Congrats Venom! You better listen to Metallica while playing the game! xD

• Like 1

Dang the contest only lasted a day?! Aw man I was late :o

Anyways Congrats Venom! You better listen to Metallica while playing the game! xD

Lol, yea I was going to maybe write up something this weekend since I'm off but it's okay. venom deserves to win. Good explanation.

Basically, John.

My plan was to only respond to things posted in the thread with Metallica song titles ... but could only manage two, lol.

Congrats Venom!

Just be warned, despite the name you will not see a knight of the Shoveller variety ;)

• Like 1

My plan was to only respond to things posted in the thread with Metallica song titles ... but could only manage two, lol.

That's Unforgiven John! Only 2?! Well you're Some Kind of Monster and you better watch out because Enter the Sandman to haunt you for only knowing two lol. Those are the three songs that popped out of my mind without looking up lol. xD

Wherever I May Roam, The Memory Remains of people who didn't have an avatar but came to forums expecting free stuff like they were King Nothing. It's Sad But True and only adds Fuel to my rage and drives me to The Frayed Ends of Sanity. Makes me want to Ride the Lightning and strike them with a 2 x 4 in a vicious Battery of blows. I believe in "...And Justice For All" but the only justice for them would be if they were all Trapped Under Ice and couldn't bother anybody.

(Fun fact: I didn't look any of those up. Also, sorry [not sorry] for derailing things further)

• Like 1

Venom is a true Metallica fan and old school rock. Off topic when I was little prob around 5-6 years old I always have the Metallica cassette tape played in the car whenever we travel. The Unforgiven was a hit back then and I play that song over and over.

Anyways back on topic...

Congrats Venom even though I already Congratulated you. xD

• Like 1