HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Venom

Do you ever pay full price for Steam games?

I was looking at my purchase history on Steam earlier and noticed that basically everything I've bought in the last several months has been discounted to some degree, which is no surprise - we all know Steam does constant deals, what with weeklong sales, daily deals, midweek, and weekenders. Then of course there's the numerous other sites that sell Steam keys, which of course have their own discounts and deals going on all the time too. And with so many games having launch discounts and going on sale regularly within months, you almost have to TRY to pay the MSRP for a Steam game. So with that in mind, I thought I'd ask - how often do you pay full price for Steam games? And I mean full full price, because even a paltry 10% off is still a discount.

For me, it's almost never. As I said I was looking at my recent-ish purchase history, and the only ones I paid full price for were Tales of Zestiria and Mighty Switch Force! Hose it Down (which is like $3 anyway). Both of them were worth it I think (even if the Tales of Symphonia port I got for pre-ordering Zestiria was a disaster) though I still need to finish Zesty Tales, haha. Literally everything else I went through was discounted to some degree, even if it was just a little 10-20% launch discount. There have been several games I've jumped on at launch, but always found some way to get them cheaper, since it's really not that hard to find some kind of sale/coupon/whatever I can use on various sites. Anyway, how about you all? Remember any games you paid the full price for? Was it worth it, or did you regret it later?

Now that I think about it... no. I usually only buy games on sale on Steam since I PC gaming isn't something I normally gravitate to outside of review games and such. So yeah, it's pretty rare for me to buy something full price there. It isn't that I don't think it isn't worth it; it's mostly just that I'll buy that game on PS4 or XB1 first if I can, or by the time I get around to playing something on Steam, it's months (or years) after that game has released and has gone down in price already.

I'm pretty sure the last game I paid full price for on Steam was probably LEGO Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars. That was also the last time I paid full price for a LEGO game as well. xD

No. There's a reason being a cheap ass gamer is the right thing to do. Thinking about it, I've never purchased a full price steam game. Also thinking about console gaming the last full priced game I bought is FFXIII: Lightning Returns for PS3. My price point these days is $10 or less because being poor sucks. Dx

I remember Jason posting a thread about this some time ago about some event asking people to help developers and pay full price or something. It's kinda hard to get things at full price with all the sales and bundles. Outside of Steam it's easy to pay full price with preorder console games from amazon or Kickstarter games that you can pay over full price on.

I rarely buy steam games and when I do it usually is at a discount. But it seems every steam game is on discount though. My main method of getting steam games are through steamgifts and members of podunk :)

I paid full price for Undertale, but the game was only $10 in the first place.

Other than that, I've never bought a Steam game full price.  There's no reason to, I can be patient and wait for games on my wishlist to go on sale.  I have enough games in the backlog as is.